According to the results that the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has announced so far, has shown that the PDP candidate, Governor Goodwin Obaseki and his running Mate the Edo State Deputy Governor, Philip Shaibu are leading with over 13,000 votes.
Godwin Obaseki, Jubilating
Godwin Obaseki, the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), is leading Osagie Ize-Iyamu, his All Progressives Congress (APC) rival, in the Edo governorship election.
According to the results that the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has announced so far, the PDP candidate is leading with over 13,000 votes.
As of 12:45am on Sunday, the commission had declared results in three local government areas.
In Igueben, Obaseki polled 7,870 votes, while Ize-Iyamu garnered 5,199 votes. In Esan central, the PDP candidate secured 10,964 votes while his rival trailed with 6,719 votes, and in Esan north-east, Obaseki polled 13,579 votes, leaving Ize-Iyamu with 6,559 votes.
The total votes of the candidates in the three local government areas are PDP: 32,143, APC, 18,477, leaving a margin of 13,666.
Results were still being collated across LGAs in the state as of the time of filing this report.
Edo State Governorship Election Results 202 • INEC Official Results 2020 • Edo State Deputy Governor
Hot Nigerian Jobs | Share To Job Seekers [ Apply Now ]
- Dunn and Braxton Limited Massive Recruitment for Bancassurance Executives
- United Capital Group Plc (UCAP) Graduate Trainee Program 2021
- Nigerian Air Force DSSC Recruitment 2021 Portal Is Now Open
- 2021 Graduate Trainees Recruitment in a Manufacturing Company ( 3 positions )
- Delta State Hospital Management Board Recruitment 2021 for SSCE & Graduates
- Vitafoam Nigeria Plc Job Recruitment for Graduates