The Ogun State Police Command has issued strong warning to the Senior Pastor of the Living Faith Church, Popularly known as Winners Chapel, Bishop David Oyedepo over his plan to reopen his church against the directive of the Federal Government.
This is coming barely 48 hours after Bishop Oyedepo in a viral video on Friday declared churches open, saying anybody against the reopening of churches will die.
Oyedepo’s Living Faith Church is headquartered in Ota, Ado-Odo/Ota Local Government area of Ogun State.
Barely 48 hours after the video went viral, Ogun state police command in a veiled reference to Oyedepo disclosed that they have information that some religious leaders in Ogun are preparing to open their religious centres for people to converge.
Police in Ogun stated that the act of opening churches was in total disobedience to both the state and federal government directives.
According to a statement released by the state Police Spokesperson, Abimbola Oyeyemi, the Police appealed to such religious leaders to have a change of heart, saying “security agencies in the state will view the opening of worship centres with all seriousness. ”
Oyeyemi said the police would not tolerate any act capable of undermining the determination of the state and federal government to fight Coronavirus to a standstill.
Oyeyemi further stressed that “the ban on all forms of gathering be it social or religious is still in force. ”
The statement reads: “It has come to the notice of Ogun State Police Command that some religious leaders in the state are preparing to open their various religious centers for people to converge in total disobedience to both the state and federal government directives.
“The command hereby appeals to such religious leaders in both Islamic and Christian faith who may be having such intention to have a change of mind because the security agencies in the state will view such with all seriousness.
“The command will not tolerate any act capable of undermining the determination of the state and federal government to fight the COVID 19 pandemic to a standstill.
“The commissioner of police, therefore, wish to use this medium to remind all religious leaders that the ban on all forms of gathering; be it social or religious is still in force.
HOT JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- 2020 Graduate Trainee Programme at Dufil Prima Foods Plc
- LGA Coordinators at Development Alternatives Incorporated ( Nationwide)
- Federal Government Vacancies at The Federal University of Petroleum
- Resources, Effurun (FUPRE)
- National Health Insurance Scheme Recruitment 2020 ( Nationwide 16 Positions)
- Academic and Non-academic Positions at Caleb University
- Massive Recruitment at Federal University of Health Sciences Otukpo for Teaching And Non Teaching Staff
- Stanbic IBTC Bank Graduate Trainee Program 2021
- Bank of Industry Recruitment ( Latest Jobs In Nigeria )
- Rivers State Civil Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment 2020 (60 Positions)
- Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2020 at Food Concepts Plc
- Rivers State Ministry of Education MassiveRecruitment 2020 for Teaching and Non-Teaching Staff
- Massive Recruitment at Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospitals
- Dangote Refinery Recruitment 2020 for Exper Graduates [ 9 Positions, 29 slots ]
- Dangote Cement Plc Recruitment 2020 for Graduates [33 Positions Over 200 Slots ]