Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom has Revealed the Reasons Peter Obi, Wike and Other PDP Governors met
Regardless of party affiliation, Ortom said he is open to receiving any presidential candidate.
On Tuesday, after arriving back from Port Harcourt, Rivers State, he addressed the media.
Recall that the Labour party presidential candidate, Peter Obi had meetings with the governors of Rivers State, Benue State, and Abia State, as well as with Mohammed Adoke, the former attorney general of the federation and minister of justice, and Okezie Ikpeazu, the governor of Abia State.
Olusegun Mimiko, a former governor of Ondo State, Donald Duke, a former governor of Cross River State, and Ibrahim Dankwanbo, a former governor of Gombe State, among others, are also present at the meeting.
Ortom asserted that he was unable to decline a request to attend such meetings.
Ortom clarified that going to the meeting with Obi was entirely legal.
Ortom asserts: “In the end, what matters is how Nigeria’s problems are resolved. We need to put all of our resources into where we are right now.
“I am willing to meet with any candidate who comes to visit or ask to speak with me. I am unable to refuse such a request.
That is the latest Naija News Today on Real Reason Peter Obi Visited, Wike, Ortom, Others.
Latest Jobs in Nigeria Now
- INEC Recruitment for Observers
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA) Graduate Programme 2022
- Nigeria Police Recruitment Portal 2022 Open for Applications
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2022 Exercise for SSCE, OND, NCE Application Guidelines
- INEC Adhoc Staff Recruitment Portal 2022 for 2023 Election | INEC Recruitment Portal login 2022