Before his appointment as the General Managing Director of FBN Holdings Plc (FBNHoldings), He was the immediate past managing director of Fidelity Bank Plc.
Nnamdi Okonkwo Biography, Wikipedia and Profile
|Date of birth||1977|
|State of origin||Otukpo, Benue State|
|Age||44 years in 2021|
|Net worth||over $464,500|
Nnamdi Okonkwo Biography , Education
Mr. and Mrs. Okonkwo raised Nnamdi John Okonkwo in Otukpo, Benue State, Nigeria. In 1977, he enrolled at Wesley High School in Otukpo, Benue State, and graduated with an SSCE in 1982. He went on to the University of Benin in 1984 after completing his SSCE and graduated with a first degree in Agricultural Economics in 1989.
Mr. Okonkwo also holds a Master of Business Administration in Banking and Finance from Nigeria’s the Enugu State University of Technology.
Mr Okonkwo is also a graduate of the INSEAD Business School in Fontainebleau, France, where he studied Advanced Management. Nnamdi has also completed business, leadership, and management programmes at Harvard Business School, Wharton Business School, and Stanford Graduate School.
Nnamdi Okonkwo is married to Uche Okonkwo and they have four children together.
Nnamdi Okonkwo Career
Nnamdi John Okonkwo commenced his banking career in the financial services industry in 1990 at Merchant Bank of Africa, Nigeria. In 1993, he moved to Guarantee Trust Bank (GTBank) and rose to become a branch manager before moving on to other banks.
Mr. Okonkwo then worked with other financial institutions before he joined United Bank for Africa (UBA) Plc. While at UBA, he held various managerial and leadership positions. He was once Regional Bank Head in Lagos; Regional Director, Federal Capital, Nigeria; Project Director, and Head of Corporate Banking and Multinational Corporates Division; Managing Director/CEO of UBA Ghana; and finally, Regional CEO of the bank’s West Africa Monetary Zone covering Ghana, Liberia and Sierra Leone.
In 2012, Nnamdi Okonkwo left UBA and joined Fidelity Bank Plc., Nigeria. He joined as the Executive Director in charge of the Bank’s businesses in Southern Nigeria. He was tasked with the responsibility of overseeing the bank’s entire business across Southern Nigeria excluding Lagos and West.
Nnamdi Okonkwo held the Executive Director position until January 1, when he was appointed the Managing Director/CEO of Fidelity Bank. As the Managing director, he oversees the bank’s general activities.
Board Membership Of Nnamdi Okonkwo
- Nnamdi Okonkwo is a board member of Fidelity Bank Plc.
- Mr Okonkwo is a Director on the board of Unified Payment Services Ltd.
- Non-Executive Director of Nigeria Inter-Bank settlement system Plc
Awards And Recognitions Of Nnamdi Okonkwo/Fidelity Bank
- He bagged the prestigious Honorary Fellowship of the Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria (CIBN) – 2014
- The bank was adjudged as the Best Green Partner by the Lagos State Government – 2016
- Fidelity Bank was named Most Improved in Corporate/Investment Banking at the BusinessDay Banking Awards, under Nnamdi Okonkwo’s administration as CEO/MD – 2017
- BusinessDay Banking Awards named Fidelity Bank as the Best Bank in Mobile Money Services, under Nnamdi Okonkwo’s administration as CEO/MD – 2017
- He received eight awards for Fidelity Bank’s Tough Job campaign at the Lagos Advertising and Ideas Festival (LAIF) – 2017.
- Banker of the Year at the Brands and Advertising Excellence Awards – 2018
- He won The Sun Banker of the Year Award – 2018
- Fidelity Bank won the Outstanding Bank of the year Award at the Brands and Advertising Excellence Awards, under Nnamdi Okonkwo’s administration as CEO/MD – 2018
- BusinessDay Banking Awards named Fidelity Bank as the Best Bank in CSR, under Nnamdi Okonkwo’s administration as CEO/MD – 2018
- Fidelity Bank bagged the Best Bank in Infrastructure Financing, at the BusinessDay Banking Awards with Nnamdi Okonkwo as the bank’s MD/CEO – 2018
- At the Financial Times Tech Award, Fidelity Bank bagged Best Digital Networking Bank for Entrepreneurs, Africa under Nnamdi Okonkwo’s administration as MD/CEO – 2019
- Fidelity Bank bagged the Best Private Bank in Nigeria at the Professional Wealth Management (PWM) Global Wealth Tech Awards, under Patrick Okonkwo’s administration as MD/CEO – 2019
- DAAR Awards named Fidelity Bank, Entrepreneurship Bank of the Year, under Nnamdi Okonkwo’s administration as CEO/MD – 2019
Nnamdi Okonkwo Quotes
“If you cannot impact people’s lives, you are not
“Always be prepared and leave nothing to chance.”
“You have to train for where you are going in life.”
“If you are a leader and can’t influence people enough to
follow you and have your back, you aren’t a leader.”
“There is nothing you are trying to be that someone has not attained. Embrace mentorship.”
“You have to go the extra mile to accomplish and be
“Let your work be your bulletproof.”
“Our dreams inspire us to live life to the fullest, our sorrows guide us in learning and accepting who we are, wisdom is what we achieve from experiencing both…”
According to reports, Mr Okonkwo is valued at $464,500.
Thanks for reading Biography of Nnamdi Okonkwo also Read Tunde Hassan Odukale Biography, Age, Net Worth, Wife, First Bank