Nigeria Customs Service Salary Structure | NCS New Salary Structure 2021
For those who are interested in working with the Nigeria Customs Service (NCS), This information will be useful for you in regards to their salary structure, ranks, and other Vita information about the Nigeria Customs Service
For those who are not aware of the Nigeria Customs Service, the NCS is a Government-owned agency charged with the obligation of generating profits to the Federal Government of Nigeria. The Agency also carry out monitoring service, which includes the nation’s land borders to check illegal activities such as smuggling of contraband goods/products into the country and also fight against Han trafficking outside the country.
According to the objective of the Nigeria Customs Service, they also act as a regulatory body that controls the nature/type of goods that are import and export out of Nigeria.
Table of Contents
- 0.1 ALSO READ : Efcc Salary Structure and Ranks in Nigeria
- 0.2 Major Duties of the Nigeria Customs Service
- 0.3 ALSO READ : FRSC Salary Structure and Ranks (Federal Road Safety Commission)
- 1 Salary of Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) Officers
- 2 Hot Nigerian Jobs | Share To Job Seekers [ Apply Now ]
ALSO READ : Efcc Salary Structure and Ranks in Nigeria
The Duties of the Nigeria Customs Service include the following;
- registering and licensing of Customs agents
- collection of Customs revenue/duties
- checking Foreign Exchange usage
- processing of Manifests
- Statistics generation for the Government’s budgeting and planning.
- Monitoring of in and outflows of goods and services within the country.
As stated earlier, the Nigeria Customs Service is a paramilitary Government institution and as such, every officer in the Service is assigned a rank.
The salary structure of the NCS is also of a peculiar framework – the Consolidated Para-military Salary Structure (also known as CONPASS).
The updated annual basic salaries of Nigeria Customs Service personnel according to their ranks are as shown below;
Rank and Salary Structure at the Nigerian Customs Service.
Just like other paramilitary organisation, the ranks and salary structure of the Nigerian Customs Service different from other military/paramilitary agencies in Nigeria. Outsource said their salary structure is calculated based on the various custom rank and level of the officer in the Agency.
Here are ranks and annual basic salaries according to the structure and hierarchy of the Nigerian Customs Service from the lowest to the highest:
S\No. Ranks Annual Basic Salaries
1 Customs Assistant ₦298,506 – ₦330,321
2 Assistant Inspector of Custom ₦357,358 – ₦411,484
3 Inspector of Custom ₦483,014 – ₦567,065
4 Assistant Superintendent of Customs II ₦888,956 – ₦988991
5 Assistant Superintendent of Customs I ₦1,012,562 – ₦1,143,539
6 Deputy Superintendent Customs (DSC) Officer ₦1,094,027 – ₦1,252,038
7 Chief Superintendent Customs (CSC) Officer ₦1,158,172 – ₦1,325,234
8 Assistant Comptrollers ₦1,225,584 – ₦1,405,449
9 Deputy Comptrollers ₦1,619,447 – ₦1,825,589
10 Comptrollers ₦1,759,829 – ₦1,966,281
11 Assistant Comptroller-General ₦2,272,288 – ₦2,464,560
12 Deputy Comptroller-General – not given
13 Comptroller General – not given
Benefits and Allowances of Custom Officers
2 Meal subsidy.
5 House maintenance.
6 Uniform maintenance.
7 General Services.
10 Hardiness allowance.
11 Plain-Cloth allowance.
12 Furniture allowance.
13 Personal Servant for entitled officers.
According to our reliable source, the average salary of Nigerian customs service workers – N900,000 annually (N75,000 monthly).
It was gathered that the highest salary in the Nigeria Customs Service is received by the Controller-General of Customs, while , the second-highest earners is the Deputy Controller Generals and Assistant Controller Generals
The Nigeria Customs Service Salary structure expressed above are the annual basic salaries of Nigerian Customs Service officer, starting from the lowest to the highest rank, and the salaries were evaluated from the Consolidated Para-military Salary Structure (CONPASS).
Nigeria Customs Service Salary Structure
Nigerian Customs Service Salary Scale
- Delta State Urban Water Corporation Recruitment For Graduates and SSCE
- United Capital Group Plc (UCAP) Graduate Trainee Program 2021
- Job for Depot Assistant in an Oil and Gas Company based in Port Harcourt
- Massive Recruitment at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Delta State Hospital Management Board Recruitment 2021 for SSCE & Graduates
- Frsc Recruitment 2021 July/August Form Portal | Apply Here | FRSC recruitment Login Portal