The 12 Benefits Of Vitamin C Supplements, usage, dose and all You Should Know Now
Vitamin C is a water-soluble vitamin found in citrus fruits and vegetables that is also available as a dietary supplement.
Vitamin C is required for tissue healing, collagen formation, and the enzymatic production of some neurotransmitters. Because the body does not produce or store vitaminC, it is critical that it be included in your diet.
VitaminC is found in a variety of fruits and vegetables, but it is also available as a supplement. According to research, vitamin C supplements contain ascorbic acid, which has a solubility similar to vitaminC found naturally in foods.
Women should consume 75 milligrammes (mg) of vitamin C per day, while men should consume 90 milligrammes (mg) per day.
7 Important Ways Vitamin C Benefits Your Body.
- May reduce your risk of chronic disease.
- May help manage high blood pressure.
- May lower your risk of heart disease.
- May reduce blood uric acid levels and
- help prevent gout attacks.
- Helps prevent iron deficiency.
- Protects your memory and thinking as you age.
Here are some of the advantages of taking Vitamin C supplements:
1) Taking vitaminC supplements lowers the risk of heart disease.
Heart disease is caused by a number of risk factors, including age, smoking, diet, and family history. A study found that taking vitamin C supplements can help people with high blood pressure lower their blood pressure and reduce their risk of stroke.
Also Read 10 Things Every Pregnant Woman Must Know.
2) Taking vitamin C supplements can help prevent iron deficiency.
Iron is a necessary nutrient that serves several functions in the body. It is necessary for the production of red blood cells as well as the transport of oxygen throughout the body. Iron absorption from the diet can be improved by taking vitamin C supplement.
VitaminC aids in the conversion of difficult-to-absorb iron, such as iron from plants, into a more absorbable form. Vitamin C can help to treat anaemia and increase iron levels in the body.
3) VitaminC supplements shield the body from disease.
Antioxidants in vitamin C supplements help to prevent disease. These antioxidants boost the immune system while defending cells against free radical damage.
4) Vitamin C supplements support the immune system.
One of their many advantages is that they help the body’s immune system. Vitamin C helps the body fight infections by promoting the formation of white blood cells called lymphocytes and phagocytes.
VitaminC also increases the activity of white blood cells while protecting them from potentially harmful chemicals such as free radicals.
5) Vitamin C supplements aid in the treatment of scurvy.
Scurvy is a condition caused by a significant lack of vitaminC in the diet, which can result in anaemia, debility, and tiredness. Vitamin C tablets contain antioxidants that can aid in the treatment of scurvy.
Recommended for you
- 8 Reasons Why You Should Consume Bananas & Groundnuts Regularly
- 3 Major Benefits Of Tiger Nuts
- 10 Health Benefits Of Sugarcane Juice Now. So Amazing
- 15 easy methods for preventing food wastage now
Latest Jobs in Nigeria Now
- Nigeria Police Recruitment Portal 2022 Open for Applications
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2022 Exercise for SSCE, OND, NCE Application Guidelines
- INEC Recruitment for Observers
- INEC Adhoc Staff Recruitment Portal 2022 for 2023 Election | INEC Recruitment Portal login 2022
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA) Graduate Programme 2022