Bala is the president of the Humanist Association of Nigeria and a Nigerian atheist. Bala was apprehended and arraigned for blasphemy against Allah and His Prophet (SWA).
Who is Mubarak Bala? : He is a Nigerian atheist jailed for blasphemy over Facebook posts.
Ejes Gist Newspaper reports that Mubarak Bala is a popular Nigerian atheist.
Who is an Atheist?
An atheist is an individual who lacks belief or disbelieves in the existence of the Almighty God or gods.
Mubarak Bala is one of those who rejects the existence of a God of Gods.
Many years ago, the young man became well-known for his anti-God social media posts.
As a result of his divisive tweet, he got more than he bargained for in 2020.
what did Mubarak Bala post on Facebook?
Bala compared Prophet TB Joshua, a popular Lagos pastor and president of the Synagogue Church of Nations, to Prophet Mohammed on April 27, 2020.
Bala wrote on his Facebook page, “There is no difference between Prophet TB Joshua (S.A.W) of Lagos and Muhammadu (A.S.) of Saudi Arabia; it is better for our Nigeria to be terrorism.”
“Whoever believes religion has been duped – If you can’t take blasphemy against Islam, criticizism of its doctrines, this page is not for you,” Bala wrote in another post. I haven’t even begun ooo.”
In his Facebook bio, Mubarak said, “Religion insults human reason and conscience, duped me into believing I have another lifetime.”
Bala was arrested in Kaduna state in 2020 and transferred to Kano, his home state, Since then, he has been held in detention.
The Humanist Association of Nigeria’s 37-year-old president pleaded guilty to all 18 charges and asked for leniency.
Bala promised not to repeat the said blasphemous post while pleading with the court on Tuesday to render justice with mercy, saying he had no idea it would elicit the kind of reactions it did when he shared it.
The judge, Justice Farouk Lawan, and the convict’s lawyer, James Ibori, tried to persuade him to change his mind, but the convict insisted he knew what he was doing and kept his guilty plea.
For blasphemy against Islam, he has been sentenced to 24 years in prison.
Bala changed his mind and pleaded guilty on Tuesday after initially pleading not guilty. He was sentenced to 45 years in prison by the Kano State High Court.
Bala was born in Kano State in the mid-1980s, and here are ten things you should know about him.
– Bala is the husband of Amina Ahmed, a chemical engineer and a mother.
– He went to Aliyu Bin Abi Talib Primary School, which is run by the Islamic Foundation.
– He went on to Hassan I. Gwarzo, a private science secondary school in Kano State, where Islamic (Qur’anic) study is given top priority.
– Mubarak Bala aspired to be a leader at the national level in any capacity.
– On January 8, 2021, Bala received the Gordon Ross Humanist of the Year Award from the Humanist Society of Scotland.
– In 2014, the media reported that after telling his family that he was an atheist, he was forcibly drugged and committed to a psychiatric unit by his family members.
– Shortly after, he was released and became a vocal advocate for Nigerian atheist rights and freedoms.
– Mubarak Bala was arrested on April 28, 2020, for allegedly insulting Prophet Muhammad in a Facebook post (SWA).
– In December, a federal court in Abuja ruled that Bala’s detention was unconstitutional, ordering Kano authorities to charge Bala with a crime under secular law or release him.
– Mubarak Bala pleaded guilty on April 5, 2022, and the judge sentenced him to 45 years in prison.
Nigerian atheist, Mubarak Bala jailed for blasphemy over Facebook posts.
In Nigeria’s northern region, a court sentenced an atheist to 24 years in prison for making social media posts that were found to be blasphemous against the Islamic religion.
Mubarak Bala, an ex-Muslim, was sentenced on Tuesday after pleading guilty to blasphemy charges, according to his lawyer. The sentence was the culmination of a protracted trial that lasted nearly two years.
Bala is the president of the Nigerian Humanist Association, and activists say his conviction demonstrates the dangers of being openly faithless in predominantly Muslim northern Nigeria.
Mubarak Bala Blasphemy Post
According to court documents provided to Ejes Gist Newspaper by Bala’s legal team, prosecutors in northern Kano state accused Bala of insulting the Prophet Muhammad and the religion of Islam on Facebook and attempting to “cause a breach of the public peace.”
Mubarak Bala had long maintained his innocence in the blasphemy case, but after “enormous pressure for the past few years,” he changed his plea to guilty, according to Leo Igwe, founder of the Nigerian Humanist Association.
Mubarak Bala Blasphemy Post
Bala’s lawyer, James Ibori, told the Associated Press that Bala “expressed frustration over the delay in his trial.” “He believes the judge is tainted… and that he’d prefer just to be done with it.”
Read Also : 4-Weeks old baby Smashed to death by Father
Mubarak Bala was tried in a secular court, but he could have faced the death penalty if he had been tried in Nigeria’s Islamic courts, which operate in the country’s north.
Some Nigerians and activists were outraged by Bala’s prolonged detention and eventual conviction, accusing authorities of a flawed prosecution process. According to his lawyer, Ibori, he should not have been charged under Kano state law because “he was not in Kano when the offence was allegedly committed.”
No available information about his wife
That is all on Nigerian atheist, Mubarak Bala jailed for blasphemy over Facebook posts, Mubarak Bala Blasphemy Post and What did Mubarak Bala post on Facebook