National Agency For The Control Of Aids Recruitment 2021
The National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA) (formerly National Action Committee on AIDS) was established in February 2000 to coordinate the various activities of HIV/AIDS in the country.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Officer to Provide Technical Assistance to NASCP Accounts / Finance Unit
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Duration: 2 months
Starting Date: October, 2021
- The core responsibility and mandate of the National AIDS Control Programme (NASCP) is to coordinate the formulation and effective implementation of National Policies, Guidelines and Standard operating procedures for the biomedical prevention and treatment of HIV, STIs and Viral Hepatitis.
- With the re-establishment of the NTPP and recent selection of NASCP as a sub-recipient of the Nigeria 2021-2023 Global Fund grant, there is a need to further strengthen the Account/Finance Unit of the organization.
- The objective of the engagement of a Finance Officer is to support the National AIDS and STIs Control Programme (NASCP) to carry out all the Financial procedures required to successfully account for all the funds it receives for implementation of HIV health sector activities.
Support the NASCP Finance Team lead to:
- Manage all project assets and stock items, ensuring a satisfactory level of accountability and internal control at all times;
- Monitor accurate cashbooks for all the bank accounts;
- Training, capacity building and transfer of knowledge
- Ensure regular and timely update and payment using Remita platform
- Ensure regular and timely bank reconciliation and following up on all reconciling items;
- Review the retirements of advances to staff to ensure that advances are retired with acceptable documentation and vouchers,
- Analyze monthly expenditure, raising alerts when overspends/under-spends are identified.
- Support the NASCP finance team in Preparation of receipts, payment vouchers and follow up for necessary approval/signature;
- Posting on daily basis, of financial transactions data into the NASCP computerized accounting software;
- Keep accurate record of all books of accounts and ensuring that all accounting records are consistent with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Variance analysis and forecasting
- Follow up on staff advances to ensure timely retirement including necessary refund of unspent funds;
- Review existing advance policy for effectiveness and where required, propose new strategies for effective advance management;
- Ensure advances to suppliers do not exceed the stipulated limit in the Procurement manual;
- Compare the balance of all unretired advances to the total advances within the period to identify trends and report unusual patterns;
- Regular review of insurance status, particularly for most- at-risk assets e.g. vehicles;
- Any other duties assigned by the Head of the Accounts Unit.
The key deliverable of the engagement is:
- Satisfactory level of accountability and internal control maintained at all times
- Advances retired with acceptable documentation and vouchers
- Analysis of monthly expenditure, raising alerts when overspends/under-spends are identified.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Minimum of B.Sc in Accounting
- Minimum of 5 years post NYSC experience in finance/ accounting function
- Professional Accountant with ICAN certification
- Thorough knowledge and proven experience in accounting and finance
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate and work well with people.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and to work effectively under pressure.
- Experience with Budget and financial reporting
- Previous experience working on a Global Fund funded project will be an added advantage
Global Fund Code of Conduct:
- You shall get acquainted with the global fund code of conduct for suppliers using this link below: https://www.theglobalfund.org/media/3275/corporate_codeofconductforsuppliers_policy_en.pdf
Contracting and Accountability
- The successful candidate will be accountable to NASCP through the Head of the Accounts Unit.
- Duration: 12 months.
S/he will be paid competitive fees for the agreed duration based on qualification and experience.
How to Apply for National Agency For The Control Of Aids Recruitment 2021
Interested and qualified candidates should address and send their Applications (complete set of Proposal documents and Term of Reference (ToR)) to:
Assistant Director (Procurement Unit),
National AIDS/STIs Control Programme,
75 Ralph Shoidende Street,
Central Business District,
Guideline for Submission and Opening of Documents
- A complete set of Proposal documents and Term of Reference (ToR) in the English Language for the Consultancy to Provide Technical Assistance to NASCP Finance Unit.
- The detailed Proposal must be in English Language and submitted in three (3) hard copies each (one original & two copies) of the requested documents and financial proposal.
- The original of the Technical Proposal with copies in one (1) envelope and the original of the Financial Proposal with copies in another envelope, duly marking the envelopes as “Technical” and “Financial.” shall be individually enclosed.
- The two (2) envelopes shall then be enclosed and sealed in one (1) single outer envelope, and clearly marked at the topmost right corner “Consultancy to Provide Technical Assistance to NASCP Finance team, and the Name, Address, Email and Phone Number of the Consultant boldly written at the back of the envelope, with acknowledgement to NASCP office at the address stated above.
- The deadline for the submission of proposal should not be later no later than the deadline stated above. The submission (s) received will be opened immediately after closing at NASCP Conference Room in the presence of representatives that choose to attend.
Notes / Disclaimer On National Agency For The Control Of Aids Recruitment 2021
- Late submissions will not be accepted.
- NASCP shall verify any or all documents and claims made by applicants and will disqualify consultants with falsified documents and claims.
- If it is determined that submitted documents and claims have been falsified, the consultant may face prosecution in a court of Law.
- NASCP shall not be held responsible for any disqualified proposal as a result of any omission or deletion relating to the submission guidelines.
- This advertisement shall not construed as a contract to any Consultant, nor shall it entitle any Consultant submitting documents to claim any indemnity from NASCP.
- NASCP is not bound to shortlist any Consultant, and reserves the right to annul the bidding process at any time without incurring any liabilities or providing a reason.
- Responding to this advert shall serve as an acknowledgement and agreement to abide by the Global Fund Code of Conduct for Suppliers
Application Deadline Friday, 17th September, 2021 (12:00 noon).
Previous National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA Recruitment Portal)
Job Title: Consultants
The Performance Management Division was established with a core mandate of monitoring and periodically reviewing the efficiency of MDAs, States, Donors, IPs, Grants and Civil Societies and supply suggestions mandatory for enchancment to related stakeholders and NACA administration; a quantity of interface have been made with these stakeholders the place they’re acquainted with Performance Management System.
ALSO CHECK THIS JOB : Job Vacancies at Viju Industries Nigeria Limited, 15th October, 2019
Following the identification of data and efficiency gaps throughout the interface with stakeholders, it turned expedient to roll out the efficiency administration system to construct the capability of stakeholders at the state stage for higher supply. This SACA coaching is aimed toward filling the data hole in principle and rules of PM and to extend SACA’s capability to evaluate efficiency progress, establish programme gaps and challenges and the improvement of enchancment plan for the nationwide response.
To obtain this, it is vital that consultants with the requisite expertise and likewise effectively versed in the efficiency administration processes, management, interpersonal and different related expertise be engaged; to develop the efficiency administration coaching handbook, prepare SACA 36+1 states to attain the PM mandate.
Based on this Letter of Invitation the Consultants are anticipated to interface with Performance Management and Resource Mobilisation workers to efficiently ship on the task.
The deliverables of the Consultants are to undertake the following activity in shut collaboration with NACA Performance Management crew:
- The general purpose of the coaching is to develop the capability of SACAs on the PM system, together with the use of PM instruments to ship on the mandates.
- To develop a coaching handbook for SACA on Performance Management System
- To prepare SACAs on the of principle and rules PM and efficiency progress.
- SACAs immediate identification of efficiency gaps and challenges in HIV programmes in addition to improvement of enchancment plan for remedial actions.
More particulars on the requested companies are offered in the Terms of Reference connected herewith.
Consequently, You are thereby requested to submit your complete CV for consideration, your CV should attain the undersigned at Ground Floor, NACA Main Building not later than 4:00pm on Friday, 25th October, 2019.
To qualify for consideration, consultants are required to:
- Holders of Master’s in public well being, Health Management or Implementation Science.
- Minimum of 10-15 years of related data in developmental work
- Proven observe document of facilitating and improvement of manuals in Performance Management, Management Development, Leadership, Interpersonal and Team constructing improvement trainings/workshops for HIV/AIDS setting.
- Excellent report writing and communication expertise
- Proficiency in MS phrase, Excel application and so on
- Closing of submissions
Curriculum Vitae should be submitted in a single unique copy in a sealed envelope appropriately labelled “Consultancy Services for Training of SACA Performance Management of the National HIV Response’.
The envelope should be addressed and delivered to the beneath said tackle:
The Head Procurement & Supply Chain Management
Room 1.02 Ground Floor,
National Agency for the management of AIDS (NACA)
Plot 823, Ralph Shodeinde Street,
Central Business District, Abuja.
In addition, full CV is predicted to be registered and drop in the designated bid field on or earlier than 4:00pm, on Friday 25th October, 2019, as CVs will likely be instantly opened at the shut of the submission time and date in the NACA Main Conference Room situated on the Ground Floor of the Agency’s Head Quarters Building of the identical above Address.
Job Vacancies in Nigeria
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)