Ifedayo Adetifa biography, Education
Dr. Ifedayo Morayo Adetifa has been named the new Director-General of the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control ( NCDC) by President Muhammadu Buhari.
Chikwe Ihekweazu, who has been appointed to the World Health Organization, will be replaced by Adetifa
Here are eight things you probably didn’t know about the NCDC’s new boss.
Morayo Adetifa Education
Adetifa earned his medical degree from the University of Ilorin in Kwara State and went on to the Lagos University Teaching Hospital for paediatrics and child health training.
Fellow of the West African College of Physicians and Paediatrics
In 2005, he was awarded the Fellowship of the West African College of Physicians in Paediatrics.
An epidemiologist with a Dutch education
The new NCDC director earned his MSC and PhD in Epidemiology from the University of Amsterdam in the Netherlands.
Until his scheduled appointment, Dr. Ifedayo Morayo Adetifa worked at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine as an Associate Professor of Infectious Diseases Epidemiology.
Interests in research
Adetifa’s research interests include vaccine impact/effectiveness studies, novel approaches/surveillance tools for vaccination monitoring, tuberculosis epidemiology, and evidence synthesis, including systematic reviews.
African Research Leader Fellowship (MRC/DFID)
He received the MRC/DFID African Research Leader Fellowship in 2018. He is also a member of the Kenyan National Immunization Coordinating Committee and the Regional Immunisation Technical Advisory Group of the World Health Organization’s Africa Region (WHO-AFRO).
Ifedayo Morayo Adetifa Overseas assistance
He worked as a Clinical Epidemiologist in Kiliufi, Kenya, for the KEMRI-Wellcome Trust Research Programme.
Ifedayo Adetifa Roles in vaccines
Dr. Ifedayo serves on the Kenyan National Immunisation Coordination Committee, the WHO AFRO Regional Immunisation Technical Advisory Group (RITAG), the WHO Malaria Vaccine Implementation Program Advisory Group, and the WHO Technical Advisory Group on RSV vaccines, among other vaccine policy advisory roles.
Tags: Ifedayo Adetifa biography
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria