What does Green Card mean in NYSC? How to Print NYSC Green Card can be accessed here on Ejes Gist Newspaper.
The Green Card is simply that slip you ( prospective Corp Member) print after successful registration on National Youth Service Corps official website Website.
The National Youth Service Corps, (NYSC) Green Card is an online registration print-out slip that displays prospective corps members’ ( PMC) personal information as well as the kit sizes. Such as the shoe, shirt etc.
Also Read : How to Print NYSC Call Up Letter .
Ejes Gist Newspaper will teach you the meaning, how to print your NYSC Green Card and the SAMPLE of Green Card here.
One of the required documents for camping orientation is the NYSC GreenCard. So, once you’ve printed it, make sure you bring it to the orientation camp with your other paperwork.
Your online enrollment at the National Youth Service Corps site is not complete until you print out your Green Card slip.
The ‘ NYSC Green Card’ issued by National Youth Service Corps is not in fact green. Only the term ‘Green’ denotes the importance of the document.
The Contains of NYSC Green Card
The NYSC GreenCard contains important data as follows;
- NYSC Logo, with the heading of the NYSC letter including the address of the head office
Batch you are currently in and service year
- Call-up number: A unique identification number assigned to every prospective member of the corps by NYSC.
- Personal data: your name, date of birth, state of origin, and so on are included.
- Contact: the address, telephone number and state you have visited.
- Next of kin details: your kin’s name, number and address
- Qualification for education: grade, institution, graduation year, course of study.
- Specification Details of Kits: The size of your NYSC kit as selected during online registration.
To print out your NYSC Green Card, follow the steps below;
Step 1. Go to the website for NYSC at portal.nysc.org.ng.
Step 2. To enter your registered e-mail address and password, click on the login button.
Step 3. To login to your dashboard, click “Resume”.
Step 4. Look for the “Print Slip” option, then click the button.
If you click on the “Print Slip” button, a new screen will open to display the Green Card preview, as shown below:
Step 5) You will see two small icons in the upper right corner of the preview page; one is for printing and one is for downloading.
Step 6) Click on arrow 1 to print or, if if necessary, 2 to download.
NB: you can print your Green Card as many times as you want, but the orientation camp requires only two copies (one original and one photocopy).
After NYSCGreenCard printing, what you should do next?
- Sign it: use Pen ink to sign the green card on the space provided at the right bottom of the slip. Also, write the date near your signature that you have signed.
- Make copies: Make approximately four(4) copies of the signed copy.
- Make it safe: Keep your Green Card safe because at the National Youth Service Corps orientation camp you will need to submit it.
- Wait for a call-up letter: After a few days of printing your Green Card, National Youth Service Corps will send you a call-up letter.
What is the difference between Green Card and call up letter in NYSC?
The difference between the NYSC Green Card and a call-up letter is that the greencard contains your personal details; your name, age, address, next of kin, date of birth, and your marital status. While the call up letter contains where you have been posted to for your primary assignment or service (Place of Primary Assignment, or PPA),