Guava leaves are actually full of many different health benefits and people aren’t aware of that. They contain high levels of vitamins A and C, potassium, healthy fiber and lycopene.
**Some of the amazing health benefits that guava leaves offer:
The vitamins B6 (pyridoxine) and B3 ( niacin) in guava leaves helps in improving blood circulation to the brain, stimulating cognitive function and relaxing the nerves.
Guava leaves' tea helps in boosting the immune systems and reduce the risk of many diseases.RECOMMENDED LINKS
The quercetin content of guava leaf makes it effective in reducing pain and eliminating infections.
Guava leaves tea is good for cloth menses, painful menstruation and insufficient menstrual flow.
Keeps Skin Younger
The regular intake of guava tea rejuvenate and keeps skin younger and firm due to its strong antioxidant effect against free radicals that are the main cause of ageing. *Crush a few leaves, add little water and use as a body scrub regularly and you will be shocked with the amazing results.
Guava leaf improves eyesight due to its high content in vitamin A.
Improves Quality Sleep
Guava leaves tea calms the nerves and quietens the mind, making it easier to fall asleep.
Guava leaves contain quercetin which is an antihistamine and anti-inflammatory which inhibits the development of allergies such as food allergy, skin reactions and asthma.
Guava leaf tea works against bad fats in the system. It reduces LDC and Triglycerides without side effects.
- #Bronchitis , Coughs / Colds#
Guava leaf tea will help you against
bronchitis and coughs because of its high content of vitamin C and Iron (Fe). It gets rid of mucus. Better when taken with pure honey.
- #Bronchitis , Coughs / Colds#
Body Itching caused by Allergy
For itching caused by allergies, apply crushed guava leaves onto the affected areas.
Apply crushed guava leaves on the affected areas.
Guava leaves can really help against hair loss.
Crushing the leaves and rubbing on the scalp regularly or gently massage your scalp with concentrated tea from boiled leaves will prevent hair loss and promote hair growth.
Typhoid and Malaria fever
Guava leaves tea is very helpful in the treatment of Typhoid and Malaria fevers.
Guava leaves contain quercetin which inhibits the formation of fat cells and Catechin which has fats burning effects in the body.
Guava leaf tea stops carbohydrates from turning into sugar and thus suppresses appetite. This will, in turn, help you to reduce weight.
Stomach upset and constipation#
Guava leaf tea is exceptionally good for most abdominal infections because of its antibacterial properties.
Guava leaf contains Methanol extract that's composed of volatile oil, flavonoid and saponin which works against stomach ulcers, and also promote healing effect.
Guava leaves also provides a great help. Chew fresh young leaves or take teas of the leaves
Diarrhoea and Dysentery
chew a few (about three) younger leaves. Teas from the leaves are also very effective thanks to its the strong antimicrobial properties.
Guava leaves have a hepatoprotective activity which cure liver injuries induced by toxic drugs like paracetamol, alcohol, etc. It also protects the liver against some damaging enzymes like Bilirubin, Alkaline phosphatase, Aspartate aminotransferase, etc.
Prostate Cancer / Enlargement, Breast and Oral Cancers#
Guava leaves high lycopene content is vital in fighting cancers such as breasts, prostate and oral.
Gastric (Stomach) Cancers#
The high content of lycopene, quercetin and vitamin C in guava leaves makes it potent in the treatment of gastric (or stomach) cancers.
Guava leaf tea regulates metabolism due to its rich copper content.
- Heart Diseases#
Reduces the risk of heart diseases and strokes because of its high anti-inflammatory, high fibre and antioxidant properties...
Guava leaves will boost sperm production thereby increasing fertility. Hence, it's highly recommended for men battling with fertility problems.
Libido (Sexual desire): Guava leaves tea will boost libido in both sexes. Work better when honey is added (in non-diabetics).
Guava leaf is high in vitamin C, which helps to heal acne/pimples. It contains the antibacterial which works against the bacteria P. Acne which causes acne. Its anti-inflammatory components reduce redness and inflammation of the skin.
Minor cuts like scrapes or abrasion
Apply crushed guava leaves juice to prevent infections.
Apply cold guava leaves the tea
Guava leaves work against Dengue. They increase the thrombocytes and platelets in the serum.
Boil some few guava leaves (about 5 to 6 or a tablespoonful of powder from dried leaves) in little water until the amount you have in your pot reduces by half. Take as tea thrice a day. Repeat daily until you feel better or relief.
Guava leaves extract has a strong antibacterial effect against Vibrio cholerae.
Guava leaf tea is great for diabetics. The high fibre content slows down the absorption of sugar in the blood. It prevents Type 2 diabetes from developing. The Catechin in guava leaves controls the blood glucose level - It has a hypoglycemic effect in the body.
To relieve a toothache, chew guava leaves or apply leaves past on affected tooth/teeth.
Inflamed Gums and Mouth Sores
For inflamed gums and sores in the oral cavity, chew guava leaves and also take hot guava leaves tea with pure honey.
Crush several guava leaves and stir in a little bit of water and applied on the skin to remove blackheads naturally. Use this instead of your regular face cleaners that have toxic chemicals.
*7 to 10 younger fresh leaves (or 5 to 6 older ones) should be boiled with 1 litre of water in a closed pot over a gentle flame
1 tablespoonful of the powder of dried leaves boiled in 1 Liter of Water in the same way.
Adults should take one glass thrice a day.
Children from six months and above should be given in smaller doses depending on age.
Pregnant and Breastfeeding Mothers#
- Guava leaves are good for all including pregnant and breastfeeding mothers. But for pregnant mothers, the doses should be reduced by half, that is, about 4 to 5 younger and fresh leaves prepared with a litre of water. I am conscious that, there are many researchers who say the leaves are completely not good for pregnant women. But from practical experience, I recommend minimum doses for pregnant women. These minimum doses are beneficial to them. Nb: The problem here is the dose and not the leaf...For example, honey is good and beneficial to pregnant women, but higher doses will cause abortions. Same goes for potent plants like guava leaves and a host of others... There's no proven evidence that they are harmful to babies through mothers' milk but mere assumptions. I read what others publish too, then compare with my long time practical experience before concluding...
- It may give a headache when taken in very high doses.
- It may cause excessive menstrual bleeding in some women.
We thank the Omnipotent and Omniscient Creator for all his blessing of a life of which Guava is one of them.
SHARE and blessed someone today.
God bless you.
Dr Richard FRU, /NMD - GENIWA.
HOT JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- Massive Recruitment 2020 at United Nigeria Airlines
- Federal University of Technology Owerri FUTO Recruitment 2020 For Graduates (42 Positions)
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority NSIA Recruitment 2020 For Graduates
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources Recruitment 2020
- Benue State Recruitment 2020 for World Bank Assisted Project
- Nigerian Army 2020 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (80RRI)
- Nasarawa State Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2020
- Massive Recruitment in a Newly Licensed Regional Commercial Bank (74 Positions) – Nextzon Business Services Limited
- Nigerian Air Force Hospital 2020/2021 Housemanship / Internship Recruitment
- Nigeria Maritime University (NMU) Academic and Non-Academic Job Recruitment (38 Positions)
- Nigerian Army Nationwide DSSC & SSC Massive Recruitment (27 Positions)
- Nigerian Army Hospitals Graduate House Officers & Interns 2020 Recruitment
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE : No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
LATEST JOBS IN NIGERIA
TOP TRENDING POST
MOST POPULAR JOBS
- Waec timtable august 17th
- My schoolgist waec time table 2020
- Waec 17th august 2020 time table
- Recent waec 2020 timetable for 17th august
- 17 august 2020 weac timetable
- Waec time table starting 17th august 2020
- Waec timetable 2020 for august 17
- Wassce examination timtable 17august 2020
- Weac timetable for 17th august
- 2020waec time table for august 17