Guava leaves are actually full of many different health benefits and people aren’t aware of that. They contain high levels of vitamins A and C, potassium, healthy fiber and lycopene.
**Some of the amazing health benefits that guava leaves offer:
The vitamins B6 (pyridoxine) and B3 ( niacin) in guava leaves helps in improving blood circulation to the brain, stimulating cognitive function and relaxing the nerves.
Guava leaves' tea helps in boosting the immune systems and reduce the risk of many diseases.
The quercetin content of guava leaf makes it effective in reducing pain and eliminating infections.
Guava leaves tea is good for cloth menses, painful menstruation and insufficient menstrual flow.
Keeps Skin Younger
The regular intake of guava tea rejuvenate and keeps skin younger and firm due to its strong antioxidant effect against free radicals that are the main cause of ageing. *Crush a few leaves, add little water and use as a body scrub regularly and you will be shocked with the amazing results.
Guava leaf improves eyesight due to its high content in vitamin A.
Improves Quality Sleep
Guava leaves tea calms the nerves and quietens the mind, making it easier to fall asleep.
Guava leaves contain quercetin which is an antihistamine and anti-inflammatory which inhibits the development of allergies such as food allergy, skin reactions and asthma.
Guava leaf tea works against bad fats in the system. It reduces LDC and Triglycerides without side effects.
- #Bronchitis , Coughs / Colds#
Guava leaf tea will help you against
bronchitis and coughs because of its high content of vitamin C and Iron (Fe). It gets rid of mucus. Better when taken with pure honey.
- #Bronchitis , Coughs / Colds#
Body Itching caused by Allergy
For itching caused by allergies, apply crushed guava leaves onto the affected areas.
Apply crushed guava leaves on the affected areas.
Guava leaves can really help against hair loss.
Crushing the leaves and rubbing on the scalp regularly or gently massage your scalp with concentrated tea from boiled leaves will prevent hair loss and promote hair growth.
Typhoid and Malaria fever
Guava leaves tea is very helpful in the treatment of Typhoid and Malaria fevers.
Guava leaves contain quercetin which inhibits the formation of fat cells and Catechin which has fats burning effects in the body.
Guava leaf tea stops carbohydrates from turning into sugar and thus suppresses appetite. This will, in turn, help you to reduce weight.
Stomach upset and constipation#
Guava leaf tea is exceptionally good for most abdominal infections because of its antibacterial properties.
Guava leaf contains Methanol extract that's composed of volatile oil, flavonoid and saponin which works against stomach ulcers, and also promote healing effect.
Guava leaves also provides a great help. Chew fresh young leaves or take teas of the leaves
Diarrhoea and Dysentery
chew a few (about three) younger leaves. Teas from the leaves are also very effective thanks to its the strong antimicrobial properties.
Guava leaves have a hepatoprotective activity which cure liver injuries induced by toxic drugs like paracetamol, alcohol, etc. It also protects the liver against some damaging enzymes like Bilirubin, Alkaline phosphatase, Aspartate aminotransferase, etc.
Prostate Cancer / Enlargement, Breast and Oral Cancers#
Guava leaves high lycopene content is vital in fighting cancers such as breasts, prostate and oral.
Gastric (Stomach) Cancers#
The high content of lycopene, quercetin and vitamin C in guava leaves makes it potent in the treatment of gastric (or stomach) cancers.
Guava leaf tea regulates metabolism due to its rich copper content.
- Heart Diseases#
Reduces the risk of heart diseases and strokes because of its high anti-inflammatory, high fibre and antioxidant properties...
Guava leaves will boost sperm production thereby increasing fertility. Hence, it's highly recommended for men battling with fertility problems.
Libido (Sexual desire): Guava leaves tea will boost libido in both sexes. Work better when honey is added (in non-diabetics).
Guava leaf is high in vitamin C, which helps to heal acne/pimples. It contains the antibacterial which works against the bacteria P. Acne which causes acne. Its anti-inflammatory components reduce redness and inflammation of the skin.
Minor cuts like scrapes or abrasion
Apply crushed guava leaves juice to prevent infections.
Apply cold guava leaves the tea
Guava leaves work against Dengue. They increase the thrombocytes and platelets in the serum.
Boil some few guava leaves (about 5 to 6 or a tablespoonful of powder from dried leaves) in little water until the amount you have in your pot reduces by half. Take as tea thrice a day. Repeat daily until you feel better or relief.
Guava leaves extract has a strong antibacterial effect against Vibrio cholerae.
Guava leaf tea is great for diabetics. The high fibre content slows down the absorption of sugar in the blood. It prevents Type 2 diabetes from developing. The Catechin in guava leaves controls the blood glucose level - It has a hypoglycemic effect in the body.
To relieve a toothache, chew guava leaves or apply leaves past on affected tooth/teeth.
Inflamed Gums and Mouth Sores
For inflamed gums and sores in the oral cavity, chew guava leaves and also take hot guava leaves tea with pure honey.
Crush several guava leaves and stir in a little bit of water and applied on the skin to remove blackheads naturally. Use this instead of your regular face cleaners that have toxic chemicals.
*7 to 10 younger fresh leaves (or 5 to 6 older ones) should be boiled with 1 litre of water in a closed pot over a gentle flame
1 tablespoonful of the powder of dried leaves boiled in 1 Liter of Water in the same way.
Adults should take one glass thrice a day.
Children from six months and above should be given in smaller doses depending on age.
Pregnant and Breastfeeding Mothers#
- Guava leaves are good for all including pregnant and breastfeeding mothers. But for pregnant mothers, the doses should be reduced by half, that is, about 4 to 5 younger and fresh leaves prepared with a litre of water. I am conscious that, there are many researchers who say the leaves are completely not good for pregnant women. But from practical experience, I recommend minimum doses for pregnant women. These minimum doses are beneficial to them. Nb: The problem here is the dose and not the leaf...For example, honey is good and beneficial to pregnant women, but higher doses will cause abortions. Same goes for potent plants like guava leaves and a host of others... There's no proven evidence that they are harmful to babies through mothers' milk but mere assumptions. I read what others publish too, then compare with my long time practical experience before concluding...
- It may give a headache when taken in very high doses.
- It may cause excessive menstrual bleeding in some women.
We thank the Omnipotent and Omniscient Creator for all his blessing of a life of which Guava is one of them.
SHARE and blessed someone today.
God bless you.
Dr Richard FRU, /NMD - GENIWA.
QUICK SEARCH FOR JOBS IN YOUR FIELD
- Exclusive : Uncle Ekweremadu’s and the IPOB Wrestlers
- Police seal venue of #RevolutionNow summit in Lagos (Photos)
- Police parade woman who kidnapped and killed her friend's 8-year-old daughter in Kano after her parents failed to pay ransom
- Ike Ekweremadus Assault and The Dynamics of Revolution
- Job for Sales Account Manager at Finchglow Travels
DON’T GIVE UP HUNTING FOR JOB
HOT JOBS, RECOMMEND FOR YOU
- NIGERIA SECURITY AND CIVIL DEFENCE CORPS 2019 Massive Recruitment
- National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) Recruitment 2019
- Dangote Cement Plc, Recruitment 8th August 2019
- Dangote Refinery Recruitment 2019: Latest Vacancies ( 4 Slots )
- IROKO TV Partners Limited massive recruitment for Outbound Telesales Agents (500 slots )
- Edo State Government 2019 Apprenticeship Programme
- Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) recruitment for Observers in Kogi and Bayelsa States, August 2019
- Kaduna State Government 2019 Massive Recruitment for Entry-level & Exp
- Entry Level Bank Tellers recruitment in a Reputable Bank in Lagos, August 2019
- Entry Level Recruitment at UBA Bank, 1st August, 2019
- Ongoing Recruitment For Customer Service Representatives In A Renowned Commercial Bank ( Nationwide )
- Massive Recruitment at Titan Trust Bank Limited, (18 Positions )
- Julius Berger Nigeria Plc : Latest Recruitment
- First Bank of Nigeria 2019 Recruitment for 19th, July 2019 [ 8 Position ]
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT JOBS
JOBS BY CATEGORIES
- Abia State 11
- ABUJA FCT 35
- Adamawa State 16
- Akwa Ibom State 14
- Anambra State 12
- Apprenticeship training 3
- Banking Industry 29
- Bauchi State 9
- Bayelsa State 10
- Benue State 9
- Borno State 16
- Career Tips 7
- Construction Company 9
- Contract Job 6
- Cross River State 13
- Delta State 12
- Ebonyi State 12
- Edo State 16
- Ekiti State 11
- Engineering Jobs 15
- Entry-level Jobs 227
- Enugu State 9
- Featured 13
- FEDERAL GOVERNMENT RECRUITMENT IN NIGERIA 2
- Full time jobs 1030
- Gombe State 10
- Google AdSense know how 6
- Hotel Management/hospitality company 4
- HOW TO MAKE MONEY ONLINE 1
- Imo State 9
- Internship Jobs 36
- Jigawa State 8
- JOB FOR SSCE 64
- Jobs and Recruitment 1514
- Jobs for LEGAL/Law 6
- Jobs in Education 10
- JOBS IN NORTHERN NIGERIA 127
- JOBS IN SOUTH EAST 94
- JOBS IN SOUTH SOUTH 137
- JOBS IN SOUTH WEST 292
- Jos 7
- Kaduna State 15
- Kano State 10
- Katsina State 9
- Kebbi State 9
- Kogi State 11
- Kwara State 12
- Lagos State 147
- Management and Logistics Company 7
- Manager jobs 7
- Manufacturing Industry 8
- Marketing Jobs 2
- Medical /Health 13
- MSC/MS / PHD 52
- Nasarawa State 8
- NCE/OND/HND/BSC 1114
- NGO / Community Services 2
- Nigeria Election 2
- Ogun State 15
- Oil and Gas Company 27
- Ondo State 11
- Osun State 10
- Oyo State 13
- Part Time Jobs 8
- PASS QUESTIONS 1
- Plateau 7
- Rivers State 26
- SCHOLARSHIP Jobs 6
- Sokoto State 9
- Taraba State 9
- Yobe State 9
- Zamfara State 9