Visa lottery, US green card lottery and how to apply for US Visa lottery can be accessed below.
The US government has officially launched its diversity visa lottery programme at the start of the new fiscal year, according to reports.
This comes as thousands of previous winners from Afghanistan, Egypt, Peru, Iran, and other countries continue to face lengthy processing delays, dimming their prospects for a new life in America.
Ejes Gist News reports that the President Joe Biden administration announced Wednesday that registration for the Diversity Immigrant Visa Program for 2023 — popularly known as green card lottery — had begun.
To promote diversity in the United States, Congress authorised 55,000 green cards per year for immigrants from all over the world.
To allow time for processing applications, registration begins well before any given fiscal year — in this case, 2023. However, the delays have become chronic, prompting legal action.
While accepting new applications, US officials acknowledge that there is a significant backlog in processing existing ones, many of which were submitted during the previous Trump administration and have been slowed by the pandemic.
Do you qualify to enter the American DV-2023 Diversity Visa Green Card Lottery ?
Enrollment in the DV-2023 Diversity Visa Lottery is open to anyone from anywhere in the world, but there are two requirements to meet before you can enter the USA DV-Lottery:
1. To enter the Diversity Visa Lottery you must be a native of a qualifying country
If you were born in one of the non-qualifying DV-Lottery countries you may still qualify
If you were born in a non-qualifying country, you may still be eligible to participate in the USA Diversity VisaLottery based on the country of birth of your parents or spouse.
2. Education or Work experience that qualifies for the American DV-2023 Lottery
To qualify for the USA DV-2023 Diversity Visa Lottery, you must meet one of the two requirements listed below (Option 1 or Option 2):
US Visa Lottery OPTION 1:
To be eligible for the DV-2023 Diversity Visa Lottery, you must have completed a high school education in the United States or a foreign equivalent of a high school education in the United States. “High School education or its equivalent” means the successful completion of a twelve-year course of elementary and secondary education in the United States or the successful completion of a formal course of elementary and secondary education in another country. It is not sufficient to pass a high school equivalency exam. It is acceptable to complete one’s education in less than or more than twelve years if the course of study completed is equivalent to a high school education in the United States; or
To be eligible for the USA DV-2023 Diversity Visa lottery, you must have worked for at least two years in one of the following occupations within the last five years:
- Click here to view all qualifying DV-Lottery jobs
Proof that you meet these requirements should not be submitted when entering the DV-2023 Lottery; instead, a consular officer will request it after your name has been drawn and you have formally applied for your permanent residence (Green Card) visa. Individuals who do not meet these basic requirements are not eligible to participate in this programme. Only if you are chosen will you be required to provide proof of your education, work experience, and native country. As a result, we do not ask for this information on the DV-2023 Green Card Lottery application form.
Visa Lottery: US Green Card Lottery: How To Apply For US Visa Lottery
DV 2023 – Apply for US Visa Lottery: HERE
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- LifeBank Recruitment 2021 (Apply here for free)
- United Nigeria Airlines Recruitment for Baggage Handler (Entry-level)
- Massive Recruitment at Dangote Refinery for Graduates
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Entry Level Tellers
- Current Job Openings at First Bank of Nigeria Limited
- Nigerian Breweries Plc Recruitment for Senior Regulatory Affairs Manager
- Kaduna State Residents Registration Agency (KADSRRA) Massive Recruitment
- US Embassy Recruitment In Nigeria ( Apply Here for free )
- Delta State Hospital Management Board Recruitment 2021 for Graduate Internship
- Ebonyi State Ministry of Trade and Investment Job Recruitment Portal – Apply Here