The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) is recruiting for quick time period consultancy – Surveillance Support Officers in 19 states
The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) is the federal government company with the mandate to coordinate the surveillance, detection and response to infectious illness outbreaks.
Over the final three years, NCDC has deployed a brand new device for illness surveillance. The Surveillance, Outbreak Response Management and Analysis System (SORMAS) is a system collectively developed between the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control and the Helmholtz Center for Infection Research (HZI) to enhance illness surveillance in addition to detection and administration of outbreaks and thus strengthen the general public well being service in Nigeria.
In addition, NCDC has additionally supported states in establishing Public Health Emergency Operations Centres for improved coordination of outbreak preparedness and response.
NCDC is investing assets in strengthening well being security at the sub-national degree together with bettering capability to successfully stop, detect and reply to infectious illness outbreaks.
1) Short Term Consultancy – Surveillance Support Officers in 19 States
2) Short Term Consultancy – SORMAS Operations Manager
3) Vacancy – Human Health Sector Coordinator, REDISSE Project
Start Date: February 1, 2020
End Date: January 31, 2021
Employment sort: Full time
The Responsibilities of the NCDC Surveillance Support Officer Include
• Support the implementation of SORMAS within the state
• Support the state epidemiologist in creating and implementing outbreak preparedness and response actions
• Support the state epidemiologist in strengthening coordination between surveillance and laboratory groups
• Provide technical management to the State surveillance group on the usage of surveillance information for information pushed decision making
• Provide mentoring, help and supervision to LGA DSNOs and asst. DSNOs on information assortment and information entry utilizing the SORMAS device
• Work with state epidemiologist, state DSNO and others as indicated to analyse collected surveillance information and supply suggestions
• Support the suitable use of the SORMAS instruments and troubleshoot issues
• Coordinate illness surveillance challenge analysis actions at the state
• Support the actions of the state public well being EOC
• Liaise with the NCDC Surveillance Department to offer common suggestions
• Undertake some other duties assigned by the NCDC Director of Surveillance
At least 6 years’ expertise with the Nigeria’s surveillance system or Monitoring and Evaluation or Field analysis
First degree in Human Medicine, Veterinary drugs, Public Health or any well being or organic science associated self-discipline.
Master’s degree (preferable in public well being)
FELTP coaching can be an added benefit.
Experience working with SORMAS device or some other surveillance device.
Must be domiciled within the state of project.
Experience in managing surveillance information at LGA or state degree.
Proficiency in use of Microsoft workplace suite and Epi information or SPSS.
Strong information assortment, evaluation, and report writing expertise required.
Ability to work independently, suppose analytically and take initiative in fixing issues.
Ability to speak technical points successfully.
Good verbal communication expertise within the native language of the state of project and dealing information of English.
A powerful group participant with glorious interpersonal expertise and the flexibility to work with teams of various backgrounds.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and certified candidates should apply by sending their resume and a letter addressing the job title as per the advert by e mail to [email protected] earlier than COB 23rd December, 2019 utilizing the Job title and the name of the state as the topic of the mail e.g. ‘’Surveillance Support Officer- Bauchi State’’ .
*Note-successful candidates could also be assigned to any state of the federation.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY FOR to Apply for Human Coordinator
CHECK THIS JOB ALSO : Job Vacancies in a reputable Food Manufacturing company
JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- National Identity Management Commission NIMC Recruitment 2020 (19 Positions)
- Fidelity Bank Plc Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2020
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources FUPRE Recruitment 2020 for Teaching And Non-Teaching Staff
- Lagos State Government Health Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment 2020 for Graduates
- Oyo State Teaching Service Commission (TESCOM) 2020 Massive Recruitment/
- FG officially Begins Recruitment of 774000 Nigerians, See How to Apply
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
LATEST JOBS IN NIGERIA
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE : No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]