Nasir El-Rufai, the Governor of Kaduna State, has accused former President Goodluck Jonathan of attempting to jail him over his presidential ambitions a few years ago.
In an interview with The Point, El-Rufai said this.
Despite the fact that Jonathan was a close friend, he persecuted him, according to him, because of what others in his close circle told him.
ALSO READ : Protest Rocks Enugu As Rev Fr Ejike Mbaka Reportedly Missing – Ohanaeze Raises Alarm, Sends Strong Warning to Buhari
El-Rufai said that the persecution began in 2006, when he was Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Abuja.
“Jonathan was convinced by his own circle that I was a threat and if he was going for a second term in office, he had to take me out of the race.
“And so, Jonathan continued the persecution that Yar’adua started.
“I have been associated with running for President since 2005, 2006, about 15 years. I have suffered for this. I’ve even been exiled for it and Jonathan tried to put me in prison for it.
“My name being mentioned with regard to presidential aspiration has been on since 2006, since I was running the FCT, Abuja.
People were speculating that the then President, Olusegun Obasanjo, was preparing to hand over to me. It was part of the reasons I was exiled,” he said.
Google Search Terms
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Thomas Adewumi University Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non Academic Staff
- Ekiti State Government Recruitment for Graduates
- Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission Massive Recruitment for ADHOC Staff
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Gemstone Microfinance
- BEDC Electricity Plc Graduate Trainee Programme 2021
- Latest Job Recruitment at Wema Bank Plc for Graduates
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health
- Massive Recruitment at Rainoil Limited
- INEC Recruitment 2021 for Observers