Simple Guide on How To Share Airtel Data 2021
simply dial *141*4#
Press 3 (Data Me2U)
Now enter number (090**********)
Now enter Data Allowance to send (5mb min – 200mb max)
Now input pin (default pin is 1234)
Note: You are advised to change default pin to your desired 4 digits Pin.
Congrats,You have successfully transferred 100mb to 090*********!
Do you need to get a special SIM card to use the Me2U service?
No, you don’t have any. There is no need for a special SIM card for the Me2U service because all newly activated SIM cards are automatically data-enabled. Each SIM card, on the other hand, must have been KYC-ed, failing which data activity will be disabled automatically.
In order to complete the KYC process, customers are advised to visit their local Airtel retail or partner outlet.
And that is all there is to know about using the Me2U service to transfer data from one Airtel network to another Airtel network.
What about Data Gifting?
In addition, Airtel offers a service known as Data Gifting to its customers. This service enables you to purchase a bundle plan for another Airtel customer while using your own airtime to pay for it. This is different from the Me2U service in that you are not actually sharing your bundles with someone else; instead, you are purchasing them for them. –
In addition, keep in mind that Me2U is only available for normal bundles, whereas Gifting is available for all bundle types.
If you want to use the Gifting service in the same way you did with Me2U, dial *141# and then select the Gift or Share Data option. After that, select Data Gifting from the drop-down menu.
The Airtel Credit Loan Service enables subscribers to borrow data from Airtel at a discounted rate. Customers who qualify for the service can borrow data on credit and pay it back when their phone is recharged.
Eligible customers for Airtel Borrow Data include the following:
- Airtel prepaid customers with a registered SIM
- Customers who have paid up any previous loan and associated charges
- Customers are also considered based on monthly recharge frequency and average spend
You can find out if you are eligible by dialling *500#. If you are found to be ineligible, you will be prompted to recharge at least N100 per month in order to be considered eligible for the service.
Here is how to borrow data on Airtel:
- Simply dial *500# and select 3 for Borrow Data. (Remember that *500# is the code for Airtel data borrowing)
It is important to note that:
- You can borrow as many times as possible as long as you are within credit limit.
- You can still borrow even if you have previously borrowed airtime and haven’t repaid your loan as long as it is within your credit limit.
- There is a service charge of 15% which is deducted along with the actual amount for the data.
- The loans are recovered when customers recharge their account via any channel.
- The code to borrow data from Airtel is *500#
Having learned everything there is to know about how to share data on Airtel, you can proceed with your life. Please keep in mind that Me2U allows you to share bundles that you have already purchased, whereas the Gifting service allows you to purchase bundles for other people using your airtime.