Benefits Of Mustard Seeds:
Apart from the taste and Spiritual benefits of mustard seeds and the easy availability that made them accessible, one can find many mustard seed benefits for our health too. Some of the mustard seeds health benefits are mentioned below.
1. Cancer Treatment:
The presence of compounds like glucosinolates and mirosinase in mustard seeds are known to use phytochemicals to inhibit the growth of cancer cells. This is a significant mustard seeds health benefit.
READ ALSO : Health benefits of pawpaw leaves juice
2. Rheumatic Arthritis:
Mustard seeds are a source of relief for people having rheumatic arthritis. The selenium and magnesium content in it helps in assisting with this problem
Migraine occurrence also reduces owing to the magnesium content present in the mustard seed. A little touch of mustard to your fish can boost the constituting omega-3 content
ALSO READ : A MUST READ: GUAVA LEAF AND MEDICINAL USES
4. Respiration Congestion:
Mustard seeds or mustard, in general, is known to relieve any congestion problems in respiration
Mustard seeds should find inclusion in your list of daily spices if you want to avoid nightshades.
6. Disease Prevention:
There are certain nutrients in mustard seeds that prevent diseases from occurring. They are all a part of the basic structure of the Brassica family to which mustard belongs
7. Dietary Fibre:
Mustard seeds are a good source of dietary fibers that improve digestion in the body. They make the bowel movements better, thus improving the overall metabolism of the body. The fiber content here is mostly very readily soluble making it useful for use
8. Cancer Risk Prevention:
Selenium content in mustard seeds provides excellent resistance to the body against cancer cell formation. It is known to slow down the rate of development of cancer cells and also acts as an anti-oxidant
9. Blood Pressure and Menopausal Relief:
Many nutrients present in mustard seeds like copper, iron, magnesium, and selenium also assist in the treatment of blood pressure and menopause relief
Mustard seeds are also known to be beneficial for Asthma patients. The presence of minerals like copper, magnesium, iron, and selenium in it are responsible for the prevention of Asthma Attacks.
Skin Benefits Of Mustard Seeds
11. Natural scrub: Mustard seeds are a natural scrub. You can add it to either lavender or rose essential oil. Use this mix to scrub your face and exfoliate dead skin.
12. Hydrates skin: Mustard seeds, used with aloe vera gel, can act as a great combination to hydrate your skin. It removes all impurities from your face and nourishes it from within ( 10).
13. Slows aging: Mustard seeds make for a great source of carotene and lutein. It is also a great powerhouse of vitamin A, C and K. Together these nutrients make for an excellent antioxidant
14. Fights infections: These seeds contain the right amount of sulfur, which is known for its anti-fungal properties. They help ward off skin infections.
Hair Benefits Of Mustard Seeds
15. Hair growth: Mustard oil, extracted from mustard seeds, is a good source of Vitamin A. Vitamin A is an excellent nutrient for hair growth. It is also a great stimulant which leads to faster hair growth.
16. Strengthens hair: Mustard seeds contain protein, calcium, vitamin A and E, omega-3, and omega-6 fatty acids. All of these together strengthens your hair from within. Strengthened hair means lesser hair fall too.
17. Conditions: Mustard seeds contain fatty acids. These are known to condition your hair from deep within. It also gives hair an excellent shine and bounce.
1. Removes Odour: If your jars start to smell like the spices or ingredients you store in them, using mustard seeds can help. Warm a little water and add it to the pot. Also, add a little mustard seed paste to the pan and shake it well. Pour it out. You would be surprised how the smell goes away.
2. Relieves Muscle Pains: Stiff muscles or sore and aching muscles can be treated with mustard seeds too. Just soak yourself in a tub of warm water. Now add some mustard seeds powder to the same to relieve pain.
3. Treats Cold: Mustard is often used to relieve congestion caused by bad cough or cold.
4. Treats Back Pain: The extract of mustard seeds is useful in relieving spasms and back pain.
5. Treats Fever: Mustard seeds induce heavy sweating, which is used to lower fever. It helps release the toxins from the body and has been useful in flu and cold too.
JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- Nigerian Army Hospitals Graduate House Officers & Interns 2020 Recruitment
- Massive Job Recruitment at Uniterm Nigeria Limited (30 Positions)
- TOS TV Network 2020 Job Recruitment (23 Positions)
- National Identity Management Commission NIMC Recruitment 2020 (19 Positions)
- Fidelity Bank Plc Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2020
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources FUPRE Recruitment 2020 for Teaching And Non-Teaching Staff
- Lagos State Government Health Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment 2020 for Graduates
- Oyo State Teaching Service Commission (TESCOM) 2020 Massive Recruitment/
- FG officially Begins Recruitment of 774000 Nigerians, See How to Apply
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
LATEST JOBS IN NIGERIA
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE : No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]