Nigeria striker, Odion Ighalo, has emerged as the top scorer of the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations, AFCON, following the conclusion of the tournament in Egypt on Friday night.
Algeria defeated Senegal 1-0 in the final to win this year’s AFCON in Egypt after 29 years.
Ighalo netted the winner for the Super Eagles, as they claimed bronze with a 1-0 win over Tunisia on Wednesday.
It was his fifth goal of the tournament.
The Shanghai Shenhua striker has two ahead of three players, who are tied on three goals each: Cédric Bakambu (Congo DR), Sadio Mane (Senegal) and Adam Ounas (Algeria).
AFCON 2019 top scorers:
5 goals: Ighalo (NGR)
3 goals: Mane (SEN), Bakambu (COD), Ounas (ALG), Mahrez (ALG)
2 goals: Belaili (ALG) , Elmohamady, Salah (both EGY), Andriamahitsinoro (MAD), J. Ayew (GHA), Bahoken (CMR), En-Nesyri (MAR), Okwi (UGA), Olunga (KEN), Pote (BEN), Yattara (GUI), Kodjia, Zaha (both CIV), Bongani Zungu (RSA)
1 goals: Idrissa Gueye (SEN)
JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development FMARD Recruitment form 2020 for a State Project Internal Auditor (SPIA)
- First Bank Recruitment 2020 for Graduates (4 Positions)
- University of Agriculture and Environmental Science Recruitment 2020 for Academic & Non-academic Staff
- Current Jobs In Nigeria at Jhpiego an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University (15 Positions )
- Massive Recruitment 2020 at United Nigeria Airlines
- Federal University of Technology Owerri FUTO Recruitment 2020 For Graduates (42 Positions)
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority NSIA Recruitment 2020 For Graduates