Federal High court has halted an impeachment attempt against Zamfara Deputy Governor Gusau due to his refusal to defect.
The Federal High Court in Abuja presided over by Justice Obiora Egwatu, has halted the impeachment process against Alhaji Mahadi Aliyu Mohammed Gusau, the Deputy Governor of Zamfara State.
The judge barred the members of the Zamfara State House of Assembly from taking any further action in the impeachment process against the deputy governor, who had refused to defect from the People Democratic Party, PDP, to the All Progressives Congress, APC, along with Governor Bello Matawalle, as ordered by the court.
The order was made on Monday by Justice Egwatu in response to an ex-parte application brought by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
After listening to the arguments advanced by a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, Chief James Onoja Ogwu, the judge determined that the applicant’s apprehension regarding the impeachment move was serious and justified to prevent the defendants from carrying out the alleged action. The applicant was granted leave to appeal.
The judge further ordered the Chief Judge of Zamfara State to refrain from forming any panel to investigate Gusau until the outcome of a motion on notice brought by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) was determined.
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), the All Progressives Congress (APC), the Senate President, the Speaker of the House of Representatives, the Speaker of the Zamfara House of Assembly, and Governor Bello Matawalle are also named as defendants in the case.
Hot Nigerian Jobs | Share To Job Seekers [ Apply Now ]
- Frsc Recruitment 2021 July/August Form Portal | Apply Here | FRSC recruitment Login Portal
- Dunn and Braxton Limited Massive Recruitment for Bancassurance Executives
- Vitafoam Nigeria Plc Job Recruitment for Graduates
- United Capital Group Plc (UCAP) Graduate Trainee Program 2021
- Delta State Urban Water Corporation Recruitment For Graduates and SSCE
- Delta State Hospital Management Board Recruitment 2021 for SSCE & Graduates