Governor Bello Matawalle of Zamfara State said he received a report from the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control on Friday night, informing him that two residents in the state have been infected with the coronavirus disease.
The governor advised the people of the state to take more proactive measures to prevent the spread of the pandemic.
Matawalle said his administration has already banned all gatherings including the Ramadan night prayers, calling on the people of the state to abide by the social distancing rule.
He stressed that the state has prepared two isolation centres and also purchased all relevant equipment for the fight against the pandemic.
Over 25 states have been recorded cases of the novel virus across Nigeria.
The NCDC said the country’s cases now spill over 1000 while over 30 fatalities have been recorded.
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Ekiti State Government Recruitment for Graduates
- INEC Recruitment 2021 for Observers
- Massive Recruitment at Rainoil Limited
- Thomas Adewumi University Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non Academic Staff
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Latest Job Recruitment at Wema Bank Plc for Graduates
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health
- Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission Massive Recruitment for ADHOC Staff
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Gemstone Microfinance
- BEDC Electricity Plc Graduate Trainee Programme 2021