The law which enabled the payment of pension and other allowances to former governors, their deputies, Speakers and their deputies in Zamfara was nullified by the state’s House of Assembly on Tuesday November 26.
READ ALSO : Father And Son Murdered Over Wifi Password Theft
Zamfara State House of Assembly repealed the law days after a former Governor, Abdul’aziz Yari wrote the state’s government demanding the payment of his N10 million ‘monthly upkeep’ which he said had not been paid for some months.
House leader Faruk Dosara, (PDP Maradun) who presented the bill, told his colleagues that past leaders of the state “were collecting over N700 million annually”. He urged his colleagues to consider the ‘complete repeal’ of the law “which provides the jamboree payment for the former political leaders of the state at the detriment of the retired civil servants who have not been paid their entitlements over the years” as the state’s present economy cannot accommodate it.
Hon. Tukur Jekada Birnin Tudu (PDP, Bakura) who seconded the motion said the abolishment of the law was highly necessary as it is detrimental to the socio-economic well being of the citizens of the state.
After delibrations and contributions by other house members, Speaker of the House Rt Hon Nasiru Mu’azu Magarya ordered the Clerk of the House to give the bill first and second reading.
The bill has been sent to the Governor for assent after it went for a third reading as the House passed the bill into law.
Pay Attention To:
- Delta State Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2021 for Graduate
- Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports Development Internship Programme 2021
- NIPCO Gas Limited Recruitment for Graduate
- Job Employment Opportunities at Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc
- Sterling Bank Plc Job Recruitment 2021
- Federal Ministry of Environment Job Recruitment 2021
- Massive Recruitment at Tecnimont Nigeria Limited
- Access Bank Plc Entry Level Recruitment 2021
- Kaduna State Independent Electoral Commission Recruitment for Ad-hoc Staff ( KAD SIECOM Recruitment 2021 Portal ) Apply here
- Current Employment Opportunities at Konga Nigeria