President Muhammadu Buhari has declared Zamfara a “no-fly zone” and prohibited all mining in the state.
Major General Babagana Monguno (rtd), the National Security Adviser, announced the move on Tuesday in Abuja, explaining that it was part of a plan to address security concerns in the north-western state.
He made the announcement to State House reporters following a five-hour National Security Council meeting at the Presidential Villa in the nation’s capital, which was presided over by the President.
A no-fly zone, also known as a no-flight zone or an air exclusion zone, is a territory or area over which certain aircraft are not permitted to fly.
All non-state actors have been placed under surveillance, according to General Monguno, and the Federal Government will not hesitate to use kinetic means to restore normalcy in the country.
President Muhammadu Buhari meets with the governor of Zamfara State at the State House in Abuja.
According to the NSA, the country’s defence and intelligence organisations have been placed on high alert and told not to allow the country to descend into chaos.
Monguno also claimed that during the meeting, the President gave the new service chiefs a marching order to reclaim all areas controlled by bandits, insurgents, and kidnappers.
President Buhari met with Zamfara State Governor Mohammed Mattawalle at the State House in Abuja earlier in February.
ALSO READ : We Brought In Fulani From Mali, Sierra Leone, Senegal, Others To Win 2015 Election, After Election, They Refused To Leave — Kawu Baraje
After the meeting, the governor told journalists at the presidential villa that the President had summoned him to brief him on the security situation in his state.
The Federal Government has dispatched 358 special police forces to the state to combat banditry, according to Mattawalle.
Pay Attention To:
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- Link To Check Immigration Recruitment Shortlisted Candidates 2021 Screening Exercise
- Graduate Interns in a Major Oil Servicing Company
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- United Nations recruitment for a Programme Officer
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- NIPCO Gas Limited Recruitment for Graduate
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- Link to Check Names Of Shortlisted NDLEA Candidates For Final Screening – NDLEA List Of Shortlisted Candidates 2021 Is Out