Recall that the PDP Governors’ Forum had early charged President Buhari, Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, and security agencies to ensure a free and fair credible election in the two states.
But in a statement on Sunday by its Deputy Spokesperson, Yekini Nabena, the APC said that the PDP does not have the moral right to call on President Buhari, INEC snd other stakeholders to “play an impartial role” in the forthcoming governorship elections in Edo and Ondo.
APC described the call as “a dubious and a smokescreen for their real and sinister intentions, adding that the PDP lacks the moral right to make the call in view of its antecedents.
APC said: “The PDP’s call is dubious and a smokescreen for their real and sinister intentions.”
“The real issue is how the Edo state treasury has been criminally converted to a political slush fund as exposed by the widely reported faceoff between Governor Godwin Obaseki and his deputy, Philip Shuaibu over the release of funds for the PDP governorship campaign.”
The ruling party also accused the PDP of planning to breach security in the two states by unleashing violence, intimidate voters and buy votes during the elections.
“As chairman of the Edo State PDP governorship Campaign Council, the violence being threatened by the Governor of Rivers State, Nyesom Wike ahead of the September 19 Edo governorship elections are the real issues.”
“Wike has promised to “make sure that everything needed is done” to foist the PDP governorship candidate on the good people of Edo State.”
“There are already credible reports of Wike’s plan to import thugs from neighbouring states to achieve their rigging plot.”
“We reiterate that he will not succeed. We stand with the good people of Edo state in calling on our security services not to allow the PDP and Wike turn Edo State into a killing field.”
“Our security services must do everything to stop the PDP’s plan to unleash violence, intimidate voters, and buy votes during the election.”
“Come September 19, votes will count and the will of the Edo electorate will prevail.”
- Lagos State Ministry of Health Recruitment For Graduates
- Massive Recruitment at the Enugu State Water Corporation
- Kwara State Civil Service Commission Massive Recruitment 2021
- Apply for Kwara State Internal Revenue Service Recruitment 2021 (KW-IRS Recruitment 2021)
- Air Peace Recruitment 2021 for Passenger Service Executives
- Nigerian Breweries Graduate Management Development Scheme 2021
- Recent Jobs in a Major Oil and Gas Company
- Sales Executive (Foods and Beverage) at Willers Solutions Limited
- Job Openings at West Africa Container Terminal
- Current Vacancies at Prime Montessori School
- Procurement and Logistics Officer at FHI 360
- Employment Opportunities at Great Nigeria Biscuit Company Limited
- Current Job Vacancies at Deutsche Partners Holdings
- Ongoing Recruitment at IpNX Nigeria Limited
- Latest Recruitment at Marriott International