Farouq said her Ministry has commenced the advance payment to support poor Nigerians, following the stay-at-home order issued by the federal government.
She made the disclosure while addressing journalists in Abuja on Monday.
According to the Minister: ”Mr. President in his speech, paragraph 54,directed that conditional cash transfer be given in advance of two months. This we have also done. We have directed immediate cash transfer to the poorest and most vulnerable households in the country.
“Because of this COVID-19, the vulnerable groups have expanded, because we are aware that there are people who live on daily wages, so we are also going to look at those groups of people to see how we can get this food relief intervention to them in this period.”
Recall that Buhari, in his nationwide broadcast on Sunday granted a three months suspension of debts owed the Federal Government through the TraderMoni, MarketMoni and FarmerMoni loans.
Buhari gave the directive in his speech, analysing his government’s efforts to contain the spread of Coronavirus across in the country.
“Such palliative measure will help cushion the effect of this stay-at-home order, this is what a responsible government should do. I commend the Buhari government for taking such step,” Abiodun said.
Source : Daily Post
Hot Nigerian Jobs 🔥
- Wema Bank Plc Recruitment 2021 for Retail Relationship Management Officers
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN Recruitment 2021 ) of Independent Infrastructure Asset Manager
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at the Management Sciences for Health
- Massive Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2021 at Food Concepts Plc
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at 9mobile
- Polaris Bank Entry Level Graduate Recruitment 2021 (Nationwide)
- Nigerian Air Force Recruitment 2021 for Airmen / Airwomen
- Nigerian Army 2021 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (81RRI)
- WAEC Recruitment 2021 ( West Africa Examination Council, WAEC 2021 Recruitment )
- Massive Recruitment at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
From Ejes Gist Nigeria
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of EJES GIST NIGERIA. Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to email@example.com
Guides For Jobs
Federal Government Agencies
(Check Updates & Current Status of Federal Government Job Recruitment Form)
Jobs in Nigeria by State