The kidnappers after they were arrested by the police
Operatives of the Special Armed Robbery Squad (SARS) have arrested two suspected kidnappers in Imo state.
A report by TheNation revealed that one of them, Ifeanyi Asiatugbulam, 34, is said to be the only surviving gang member of the late millionaire kidnapper and former police officer, Corporal Collins Ezenwa (aka E-money).
The other suspect, Kingsley Udo Johnson, 20, was said to be Asiatugbulam’s recruit.
A police source said the suspects were arrested at Ikot Akwa in Nsit Atai Local Government Area in Akwa Ibom State in an operation coordinated by the SARS commander in the state, CSP Victor Godfrey.
It would be recalled that Ifeanyi Asiatugbulam was the only surviving kidnap suspect who escaped while E-money and two other gang members were gunned down in a gun duel with SARS operatives on January 27, 2018 at a kidnap den in Atta Ikeduru, Imo state.
E-Money and three other kidnap suspects on sighting SARS operatives opened fire, but were overpowered by SARS operatives where three of them were gunned down.
Asiatugbulam escaped. But on April 20, 2018 Asiatugbulam was reportedly arrested in another kidnap case in which one Onyia Destiny Chinyere was kidnapped and driven to their den at Oru East, Imo State.
They were intercepted by SARS and Ogbaku police operatives along Owerri/Onitsha Road.
One of the suspects known as Mopol was shot dead while Asiatugbulam was reportedly arrested with one AK47 rifle with 54 live 7.6mm ammunition which was recovered from him.
The Nation learned that Asiatugbulam mysteriously escaped from police custody but the suspects were trailed to Akwa Ibom where they were arrested in their hideout in a remote village.
The source said the suspect, Asiatugbulam, had confessed to the crimes, disclosing that he worked with the late kidnap kingpin E-Money.
Police spokesman in the state, Mr. Orlando Ikeokwu confirmed the arrest of the kidnap suspects, saying that the police had started investigating the matter.
Pay Attention To:
- NIPCO Gas Limited Recruitment for Graduate
- Graduate Interns in a Major Oil Servicing Company
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- Link To Check Immigration Recruitment Shortlisted Candidates 2021 Screening Exercise
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021