The Socio-Economic Rights and Accountability Project (SERAP), has given the Oyo State Government an ultimatum of seven days to begin repairs on Fresh FM’s building which was demolished on Sunday or face legal action. SERAP in an open letter to the state government asked it to “immediately halt all further eviction and demolition of the Fresh FM building and to show full respect for the safety and dignity of residents and the owner of Fresh FM”.
The letter was dated August 21, 2018, and signed by SERAP’s Deputy Director, Timothy Adewale. “We also urge you to immediately begin repairs of the Fresh FM building and to adequately compensate the radio station and its owner and publicly guarantee non-repetition,” SERAP added. The group called on the Oyo State Governor, Abiola Ajimobi, to ensure full and effective respect for the rights to freedom of expression and media freedom in the state.
Hot Baths Job: <a href=”https://ejesgist.com/uba-2018-massive-recruitment.html”>UBA 2018 MASSIVE RECRUITMENT</a>
It said, “We request that you take this step within 7 days of the receipt and/or publication of this letter, failing which SERAP will take national and international legal actions to compel your government to act in the public interest and the overall interest of the rule of law.” SERAP’s statement comes a day after the state government insisted that the demolition of the building followed due process.
READ ALSO:<a href=”https://ejesgist.com/google-adsense-scammed-me-and-will-probably-get-you-next-how-true-is-this.html”>ADSENSE Pays APPLY NOW </a>
© Ejesgist 2018
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Current Job Openings at First Bank of Nigeria Limited
- Delta State Hospital Management Board Recruitment 2021 for Graduate Internship
- United Nigeria Airlines Recruitment for Baggage Handler (Entry-level)
- Massive Recruitment at Dangote Refinery for Graduates
- US Embassy Recruitment In Nigeria ( Apply Here for free )
- Nigerian Breweries Plc Recruitment for Senior Regulatory Affairs Manager
- LifeBank Recruitment 2021 (Apply here for free)
- Ebonyi State Ministry of Trade and Investment Job Recruitment Portal – Apply Here
- Kaduna State Residents Registration Agency (KADSRRA) Massive Recruitment
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Entry Level Tellers