Zamfara Governor Bello Matawalle has called on residents to defend themselves against rampaging bandits.
He said it would be foolish for them to fold their arms and watch loved ones killed.
He reversed suspension of vigilant groups across the State, saying the escalating level of banditry was worrisome.
The Governor spoke on Friday during a prayer to mark his second year in office.
He said: “We must allow our people to defend themselves and their respective domains whenever these dreaded groups of recalcitrant bandits attempt to attack them.”
He called bandit attacks in numerous towns around the state as callous and brutal, saying that his administration will continue to provide necessary support in the fight against banditry throughout the North-east.
ALSO READ : Meet The Female Politician Who Promised Free Breast Augmentation For All Women If She Wins Election
Matawalle declared that bandits and thugs would not be tolerated.
Hot Nigerian Jobs
- Latest Job Recruitment at Wema Bank Plc for Graduates
- United Bank for Africa Plc Massive Recruitment for Graduates
- Thomas Adewumi University Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non Academic Staff
- Massive Recruitment at Rainoil Limited
- Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission Massive Recruitment for ADHOC Staff
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Gemstone Microfinance