Justice Mahmood Abdulgafar of a Kwara State High Court sitting in Ilorin on Monday, July 1, 2019 turned down a bail application filed by a self acclaimed herbalist, Jamiu Isiaka who’s standing trial over alleged thirty million naira fraud.
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission had on June 11, 2019, arraigned Isiaka on a 4 depend cost of fraud, conspiracy and impersonating some senior authorities officers together with the Group Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, Dr Maikanti Baru, Senior Special Adviser on Media and Publicity to the President, Mr Femi Adeshina, a nationwide commissioner of the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, Amina Zakari amongst others.
He pleaded not responsible to all of the 4 depend fees. Ruling on the bail application on Monday, Justice Abdulgafar stated the accused particular person have failed to present enough proof of why the court ought to use its discretion in admitting him on bail.
âThe Applicant (Defendant) did not furnish this honourable court with material evidence as to why the courtâs discretion should be exercised in his favour and accordingly denied bailâ.
The Judge nonetheless ordered for accelerated hearing of the case and adjourned until ninth of July, 2019 for additional hearing. The accused particular person is to stay in Mandala jail pending the hearing and dedication of the matter.
READ ALSO :
The herbalist reportedly despatched a number of paperwork, which he claimed emanated from the NNPC and had the names of some high authorities functionaries like, the GMD of NNPC, Dr. Maikanti Baru, Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina, National Commissioner with the Independent National Electoral Commission, Mrs. Amina Zakari, amongst others so as to defraud a Korean National.
JOBS RECOMMENDED 4 YOUÂ Â
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
- United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) 2020 Job Recruitment â3 Positions
- Massive Recruitment at Fortune Marine & Energy Services Limited
- Massive Recruitment atÂ OyoÂ state civil service commissionÂ
- 2020 Massive Recruitment at The American University of Nigeria
- Ongoing Jobs Recruitment in a Reputable Plastic Manufacturing Company in Lagos
- RECOMMENDED LINKS
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE :Â No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]