By Umar Yusuf
YOLA— A Yola High Court Presided over by Justice Abdul-Azeez Waziri has sentenced five men to death for culpable homicide and for killing a herdsman.
Ejesgist Learned the convicts, Alex Amos, Alheri Phanuel, Holy Boniface, Jerry Gideon and Jari Sabagi of Demsa Local Government Area of Adamawa State, were found guilty of criminal conspiracy and culpable homicide which contravened Section 96 (1) (a) and Sections 79 and 221 (b) of the Penal Code of Laws of Adamawa State, 1997.
The convicts were said to have on June 1, 2017 at Kadamun village in Demsa local Government Area willfully and intentionally conspired and attacked three herdsmen rearing cattle, killing one of them, Adamu Buba, whose body they threw into a river and also maimed several cows.
Justice Waziri said the case against the accused persons had been proved beyond reasonable doubt by the counsel to the state, Mr. Salihu Mohammed.
He ruled: “I hereby sentence the accused persons on counts one and two to death by hanging, while on counts four and five, I sentence the accused to three years in prison to run concurrently.
“Any aggrieved party is at liberty to file an appeal to the Court of Appeal, Yola Judicial Division within 90 days from today.”
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Frsc Recruitment 2021 July/August Form Portal | Apply Here | FRSC recruitment Login Portal
- Dangote Group Recruitment for Accounts Payable Officer
- Dufil Prima Foods Plc 2021 Graduate Trainee Recruitment
- Dangote Oil Refinery Recruitment for Security Operative
- Deloitte Graduate Academy Finance and Control Internship / Training Programme 2021
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst