YEM Africa in a press statement condemned the assault of their legal Adviser Barr. Akpokona Omafuaire by the men of the Nigerian Police Force in Udu LGA of the State.
The statement which was signed by the Director General of YEM AFRICA, Comrade Ibebe Rufus Akpobome reads;
YEM AFRICA CONDEMNS THE BARBARIC AND UNWARRANTED ASSAULT OF OUR LEGAL ADVISER, AKPOKONA OMAFUAIRE, ESQ. BY THE MEN OF THE NIGERIA POLICE FORCE, OVWIAN/ALADJA DIVISION ON THE 24TH DAY OF OCTOBER 2020.
- We write on behalf of the Board of Directors and member of Youth Emancipation Movement of Africa, YEM AFRICA to strongly condemn the babaric and unwarranted assault of one of our legal advicers, Akpokona Omafuaire, Esq. who was on essential duty, by the Men of the Nigeria Police Force, Ovwian/Aladja Police Station, Delta State.
- The act of cutting Akpokona Omafuaire, Esq. and his car with cutlasses by Men of the Nigeria Police Force is not only inhumane, barbaric but equally condemnable and unwarrarranted. Several pictures show the bruises and lacerations sustained by Akpokona Omafuaire, Esq. and the damage to his car as a result of the acts of these unfortunate Men in uniform. This dastardly act by the Men of the Nigeria Police Force, Ovwian/Aladja Division is shameful and must not be left to go unpunished by the law.
As a movement, we wish to state that we are ashamed that men of the Nigeria People Force whom we believed are trained to protect us could condensed so low so as to attack a journalist whose only offence is carrying out his duties as journalist.
YEM AFRICA in the strongest term condemns the; unprovoked, reprehensible, irresponsible and unwarranted attack on the person of Akpokona Omafuaire, Esq. by Men of the Nigeria Police Force, Ovwian/Aladja Division whose primary and constitutional duty is to protect the Properties and lives of Nigerians.
We join our voice to that of all other Africans to demand for the immediate arrest and prosecution of all those behind this act. We demand that those behind this act should be uncovered and prosecuted to act as an example for to discourage others may wish to toll same line in the future.
We call on all Citizens to shun violence and remain law abiding.
Comrade Ibebe Rufus Akpobome
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )