The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission in Kaduna has secured the conviction of Beegu Tyopav on a one count charge bordering on Internet-related fraud.
The EFCC in a tweet on Wednesday said Beegu had been sentenced to two years imprisonment by Justice M. T. Aliyu of State High Court, Kaduna.
It reads in part, “On March 3, 2020, in Karina area of Kaduna State, Tyopav did fraudulently induce one Daniel Osayande, a retiree, to disclose his ATM PIN, by impersonating one Godwin Philemon, working with First Bank Plc.
“And in the process fraudulently transferred N90,000 from Osayande’s account. The offence is contrary to and punishable under Section 142(1) of the Karina State Penal Code Law, 2017.
“Justice Tukur however, convicted him with an option of N150,000 fine only.”
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission Massive Recruitment for ADHOC Staff
- Ekiti State Government Recruitment for Graduates
- BEDC Electricity Plc Graduate Trainee Programme 2021
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Gemstone Microfinance
- Thomas Adewumi University Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non Academic Staff
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 For Graduates in Nigeria
- Massive Recruitment at Rainoil Limited
- INEC Recruitment 2021 for Observers
- Massive Recruitment at the Society for Family Health
- Latest Job Recruitment at Wema Bank Plc for Graduates