Governor Yahaya Bello of Kogi State has felicitated with messrs Victor Edoror and Emmanuel Agbaje the new speaker and deputy speaker respectively of the Edo State House of Assembly following their election by a majority of members in the Edo State capital, Benin City.
The Governor who spoke through a statement released by Onogwu Mohammed, his Chief Press Secretary described the emergence of the new principal officers as a welcome development while hoping that it will mark the dawn of a new era of peace and focus for governance in Edo State.
It will be recalled that 17 members of the 24-man Edo assembly elected their new leadership yesterday with a pledge to restore order to the state legislature which had been embroiled in longstanding crises. Before then, 7 members belonging to the PDP and allegedly backed by Godwin Obaseki, the embattled Governor of the state, had taken over the duties of the assembly and purported to impeach the former deputy speaker for declaring support for the APC.
Governor Bello who said his state Kogi is very interested in peace within her neighbour Edo noted that since both states share a long boundary line, any breakdown of law and order in the latter was bound to cause security and other troubles for the former.
He, therefore, urged the new speaker and members of the Edo State House of Assembly to swing into action immediately to restore order to the state legislature and find ways to work with other arms of their government in the best interests of Edo people.
On the fast-approaching September 19 Edo State Governorship Elections, the Kogi State helmsman said Edo was an APC state which the roguish PDP wanted to snatch away like a pickpocket eyeing someone’s purse in the market.
He assured the Edo APC and her candidate Pastor Osagie Ize-Iyamu of a resounding victory by the grace of God and declared that he will always stand shoulder to shoulder with them till Edo returned to the fold of progressives in the governing party.
HOT JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- Massive Recruitment 2020 at United Nigeria Airlines
- Federal University of Technology Owerri FUTO Recruitment 2020 For Graduates (42 Positions)
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority NSIA Recruitment 2020 For Graduates
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources Recruitment 2020
- Benue State Recruitment 2020 for World Bank Assisted Project
- Nigerian Army 2020 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (80RRI)
- Nasarawa State Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2020
- Massive Recruitment in a Newly Licensed Regional Commercial Bank (74 Positions) – Nextzon Business Services Limited
- Nigerian Air Force Hospital 2020/2021 Housemanship / Internship Recruitment
- Nigeria Maritime University (NMU) Academic and Non-Academic Job Recruitment (38 Positions)
- Nigerian Army Nationwide DSSC & SSC Massive Recruitment (27 Positions)
- Nigerian Army Hospitals Graduate House Officers & Interns 2020 Recruitment
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE : No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
LATEST JOBS IN NIGERIA
TOP TRENDING POST
MOST POPULAR JOBS
- Waec timtable august 17th
- My schoolgist waec time table 2020
- Boost sex buy boiling the pawpaw leave and the gwava
- Waec 17th august 2020 time table
- Recent waec 2020 timetable for 17th august
- 17 august 2020 weac timetable
- Waec time table starting 17th august 2020
- Waec timetable 2020 for august 17
- Wassce examination timtable 17august 2020
- Weac timetable for 17th august