Photo credit: Sun News
Determined to curb the coronavirus pandemic, Lekki Estate Residents and Stakeholders Association (LERSA) has donated 2,000 bottles of sanitizers and fliers to various groups in Lagos State, Sun News reports.
The charity move aimed at keeping the scourge at bay, was flagged off at Ajunwe Police station, Ajah and it went on to other sections of the community which includes the bus stops in the axis.
Traders at the Sangotedo market, General Hospital, Ibeju Lekki, Abraham Adesanya Health Centre and host others benefitted from the scheme.
Passers-by within the Lekki-Ajah environs also got their feel of the initiative.
Speaking at the event, President, LERSA James Emadoye, said the initiative is aimed at sensitising the public about the precautionary moves against coronavirus.
“As you are aware, the whole world is fighting a war with an invisible enemy and our leaders have revealed some measures that we need to take so that we will win this fight against the pandemic.
“As a responsible association, we have decided to share some sanitizers, nose masks and other items for the people with this community.
“We are giving this out to those important servants who can’t stay at home. that is the Police officers, Road Transport workers, traders, medical staff and other Lagos base citizens.
“We encourage that all their members have at least have a sanitizer in their pocket so that they can protect themselves.
“We are also distributing fliers to the people so that they would understand what government have asked us to do which included regular hand washing and social distancing and all that. So it is for this purpose we embarked on this campaign inorder to ensure people stay safe,” he stated.
Meanwhile, the Chairman National Union of Road and Transport Workers (NURTW), Alhaji Adeyemi Taofeek, Police Area Commander, Olugbemi Gbolahan and other dignitaries thanked the donors.
Hot Nigerian Jobs 🔥
- Edo State Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2021
- Dangote Cement Recruitment for Graduate
- Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non-Academic Staff
- Wema Bank Plc Recruitment 2021 for Retail Relationship Management Officers
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN Recruitment 2021 ) of Independent Infrastructure Asset Manager
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at the Management Sciences for Health
- Massive Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2021 at Food Concepts Plc
- Polaris Bank Entry Level Graduate Recruitment 2021 (Nationwide)
- Nigerian Air Force Recruitment 2021 for Airmen / Airwomen
- Nigerian Army 2021 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (81RRI)
From Ejes Gist Nigeria
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of EJES GIST NIGERIA. Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to email@example.com
Guides For Jobs
Federal Government Agencies
(Check Updates & Current Status of Federal Government Job Recruitment Form)
Jobs in Nigeria by State