The World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority on worldwide well being throughout the United Nations system. WHO has 194 Member States and greater than 7000 people working in 150 nation workplaces, in 6 regional workplaces and at headquarter in Geneva. WHO presents internships globally in our nation and regional workplaces, in addition to at headquarters.
Title: WHO Internship Programme 2019
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
The WHO internship programme has three aims: (a) to offer a framework for assigning college students from numerous tutorial backgrounds to WHO programmes, the place academic expertise might be enhanced via sensible work assignments; (b) to show college students to the work of WHO and (c) to offer WHO programmes with the help of college students specializing in varied fields. Most college students are positioned in health-related programmes, though placements in different space of labor like for instance communication, exterior relations, finance or human assets are additionally doable.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Under the supervision of a technical knowledgeable within the respective space, interns are assigned a venture primarily based on agreed phrases of references and in step with their abilities set. These phrases of references usually embrace some or the entire following duties:
- overview literature and conduct literature surveys
- undertake net analysis and knowledge assortment on particular topic space
- arrange knowledge and paperwork
- take part within the improvement of instruments and pointers
- help in drafting, formatting and enhancing coverage briefs, instrument kits, guides/manuals, hand-outs, brochures and experiences
- help in organizing workshops, conferences, conferences, occasions
- take part in on-going departmental tasks
Have accomplished three years of full-time research (bachelor’s degree or equal) at a college or equal establishment previous to commencing the task; AND be enrolled in a course of examine at a college or equal establishment resulting in a proper qualification (candidates who’ve already graduated might also qualify for consideration offered that they begin the internship inside six months after completion of their formal qualification).
- Team work
- Respecting and selling particular person and cultural distinction
All interns ought to have the ability to exhibit the next abilities in step with the WHO core competencies:
- Communicating successfully orally and in writing
- Showing willingness to study from errors
- Producing and delivering high quality outcomes
- Working collaboratively with workforce members
In addition, interns have to be aware of generally used pc programmes, corresponding to Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Knowledge of specialised pc programmes, for instance, statistical software program corresponding to XLStat could also be a bonus.
Depending on the world of curiosity, the under expertise could also be wanted and/or could be a bonus.
- Experience in analysis and/or in drafting experiences
- Experience within the topic space via tutorial work or analysis
- Field and/or growing nation expertise
- Experience with knowledge evaluation, statistical packages and curiosity within the design of graphical show and evaluation of well being info in a global comparative perspective, corresponding to for well being system efficiency evaluation
- More particular expertise corresponding to specialised pc programmes
- Fluency in one in all WHO’s working languages (studying, writing and talking). WHO official languages: Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish
- Knowledge of the native language in some responsibility stations might be an asset
- Please observe that internships at WHO are very aggressive and solely a small variety of candidates will probably be accepted each year. Only profitable candidates will probably be contacted.
- WHO Internships usually are not paid. Living overseas is dear and discovering lodging might be difficult. All intern candidates ought to pay attention to these elements earlier than they contemplate making use of for a WHO Internship.
- Interns usually are not eligible for appointment to any place in WHO for a interval of three months following the top of the internship.
- If chosen for a WHO Internship, you can be required to offer licensed copies of proof of enrolment in a course of research and a medical certificates of health for work.
How to Apply
Interested and certified candidates ought to Click here to Apply
You are making use of to the WHO generic internship roster which is printed twice a year. The roster will probably be made out there to all WHO main workplaces from the place direct contact will probably be made with appropriate candidates solely. In finishing your profile, it is possible for you to to decide on as much as three completely different work areas of curiosity.
CHECK THIS JOB ALSO :Job For Management Graduate Trainees at Favmicmar Consult Limited, 12th May, 2019
Closing Date: Jun 30, 2019, 10:59:00 PM
Job Vacancies in Nigeria
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )