The Oba/Mapo Court C Customary Court, Mapo, Ibadan, Oyo State has adjourned till August 1, the divorce suit brought by one Beauty Nathaniel against her husband, Odinye Nathaniel.
Beauty, who said her husband was violent and failed to satisfy her in bed, prayed the court to dissolve their 12-year-old marriage and grant her custody of their two children.
The applicant on Friday also declared that the kids were not her husband’s.
“My lord, I’m tired of my husband and our wedlock because he never ceases to beat me because I often challenge him to live up to expectation as the head of the home”, Tribune quoted her as saying.
“He neglects me and doesn’t bother whether I eat or put a decent dress on while we share no intimacy as husband and wife.
“He accuses me of being unfaithful to him. My lord I admit that this is true because he has failed to satisfy my sexual need. I need someone who will give me total attention. I deserve to be happy and have therefore sought for happiness outside home.
“My lord, the truth is that my husband is impotent. I have not enjoyed sex with him since we got married. He lies beside me like a log of wood every night while I burn.
Policeman dismissed, arraigned for killing NYSC member ( see details)
“I’m declaring before the court today that he’s not the father of our two children; he’s not capable of fathering a child.
“I no more love him. I, therefore, want to leave his house and start life all over again. I pray the court to grant me custody of the two children because they are not his.”
Reacting, the husband insisted that the children were his.
“Those two children are mine. She lied that I’m impotent. I have impregnated two women at two different occasions but asked them to terminate the pregnancies because I wasn’t interested in marrying them.
“Despite playing my role adequately as husband and father, she still flirts around.
“I bought her a car and also put her in charge of our building project since my job demands travelling a lot. She was actually the one handling the money meant for the project.
“There was no time I denied her what was necessary to live a comfortable life. I tried to satisfy her to the best of my ability”.
The court president, Chief Ademola Odunola after listening to both parties stated that more evidence would be needed.
He adjourned the case and ordered the couple to appear in court with their children, parents and eyewitnesses.
AddThis Sharing Buttons
HOT JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- 2020 Graduate Trainee Programme at Dufil Prima Foods Plc
- LGA Coordinators at Development Alternatives Incorporated ( Nationwide)
- Federal Government Vacancies at The Federal University of Petroleum
- Resources, Effurun (FUPRE)
- National Health Insurance Scheme Recruitment 2020 ( Nationwide 16 Positions)
- Academic and Non-academic Positions at Caleb University
- Massive Recruitment at Federal University of Health Sciences Otukpo for Teaching And Non Teaching Staff
- Stanbic IBTC Bank Graduate Trainee Program 2021
- Bank of Industry Recruitment ( Latest Jobs In Nigeria )
- Rivers State Civil Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment 2020 (60 Positions)
- Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2020 at Food Concepts Plc
- Rivers State Ministry of Education MassiveRecruitment 2020 for Teaching and Non-Teaching Staff
- Massive Recruitment at Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospitals
- Dangote Refinery Recruitment 2020 for Exper Graduates [ 9 Positions, 29 slots ]
- Dangote Cement Plc Recruitment 2020 for Graduates [33 Positions Over 200 Slots ]