Woman Rewards Her Parents For Ignoring Friends Who Advised Them Against Investing In Her Education
A woman has narrated how she rewarded her parents for investing in her education, despite advice from people telling them that a girl child education was a waste and will only benefit her in-laws.
@NqobaKonkhe said her father was a security guard in a company before being promoted to a supervisor. His new position allowed him to put one of his children in the company's private school.
The man chose his first child, a girl, to go to the private school.
However, people adviced him against it and told him to pick his son because the girl will most likely get married or pregnant before finishing school.
Her parents ignored the advice and allowed her to continue to a private high school.
While in high school, friends warned her parents again that the investment on their daughter will be used to better another family, not theirs. But her parents ignored them again.
The opposite turned out to be the case. Her brothers started having children and couldn't help the family much so the daughter who they put through school started working during university to provide for her family as her dad got retrenched and her mum resigned due to ill health.
She said she saved up enough and started sending her siblings to school, one after the other She also bought a car for her parents to use in selling vegetables so that they could provide for her nephews while she used her income to see her siblings through school.
She said she saw her brother through high school, paid for her sister's nursing school and paid for another of her sisters to go to college.
She added that last Saturday was her father's 70th birthday and she surprised him by buying him the car he always wanted. She said that he was emotional as he prayed for her and thanked God for validating the decision they made to send her to school when everyone else said it was a waste.
Read Her Tweets Below;
HOT JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- Massive Recruitment 2020 at United Nigeria Airlines
- Federal University of Technology Owerri FUTO Recruitment 2020 For Graduates (42 Positions)
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority NSIA Recruitment 2020 For Graduates
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources Recruitment 2020
- Benue State Recruitment 2020 for World Bank Assisted Project
- Nigerian Army 2020 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (80RRI)
- Nasarawa State Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2020
- Massive Recruitment in a Newly Licensed Regional Commercial Bank (74 Positions) – Nextzon Business Services Limited
- Nigerian Air Force Hospital 2020/2021 Housemanship / Internship Recruitment
- Nigeria Maritime University (NMU) Academic and Non-Academic Job Recruitment (38 Positions)
- Nigerian Army Nationwide DSSC & SSC Massive Recruitment (27 Positions)
- Nigerian Army Hospitals Graduate House Officers & Interns 2020 Recruitment
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE : No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
LATEST JOBS IN NIGERIA
TOP TRENDING POST
MOST POPULAR JOBS
- Waec timtable august 17th
- My schoolgist waec time table 2020
- Boost sex buy boiling the pawpaw leave and the gwava
- Waec 17th august 2020 time table
- Recent waec 2020 timetable for 17th august
- 17 august 2020 weac timetable
- Waec time table starting 17th august 2020
- Waec timetable 2020 for august 17
- Wassce examination timtable 17august 2020
- Weac timetable for 17th august