A yet to be identified lady has reportedly abandoned her child at a Catholic Church in Delta State.
The three-year-old daughter was discovered in St. Joseph Catholic Church in Akumazi Umuocha, in the state’s Ika North East Local Government Area.
In an interview with Ika Weekly Newspaper on Monday, July 19, the parish priest, Rev. Fr. Peter Nwakwu, expressed shock at the child’s mother’s actions, saying that children are gifts from God and must be well cared for no matter what.
Rev. Nwakwu said, “I travelled to Issele-Uku for a meeting and was notified of the discovery when I returned.” I have reported the matter to the Umunede Police Department.
According to the cleric, he was assigned a police officer, and they transported the girl to Asaba, where she was given to an orphanage home.
Hot Nigerian Jobs [ Apply Now ]
- Dangote Group Recruitment for Accounts Payable Officer
- Frsc Recruitment 2021 July/August Form Portal | Apply Here | FRSC recruitment Login Portal
- Chapel Hill Denham Management Development Programme 2021
- Ongoing Job recruitment at International Breweries Plc (Anheuser-Busch InBev)
- Deloitte Graduate Academy Finance and Control Internship / Training Programme 2021
- Nigerian Air Force DSSC Recruitment 2021