A yet to be identified lady has reportedly abandoned her child at a Catholic Church in Delta State.
The three-year-old daughter was discovered in St. Joseph Catholic Church in Akumazi Umuocha, in the state’s Ika North East Local Government Area.
In an interview with Ika Weekly Newspaper on Monday, July 19, the parish priest, Rev. Fr. Peter Nwakwu, expressed shock at the child’s mother’s actions, saying that children are gifts from God and must be well cared for no matter what.
Rev. Nwakwu said, “I travelled to Issele-Uku for a meeting and was notified of the discovery when I returned.” I have reported the matter to the Umunede Police Department.
According to the cleric, he was assigned a police officer, and they transported the girl to Asaba, where she was given to an orphanage home.
Latest Jobs in Nigeria Now
- Nigerian Navy Recruitment 2022 Exercise for SSCE, OND, NCE Application Guidelines
- INEC Recruitment for Observers
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority (NSIA) Graduate Programme 2022
- Nigeria Police Recruitment Portal 2022 Open for Applications
- INEC Adhoc Staff Recruitment Portal 2022 for 2023 Election | INEC Recruitment Portal login 2022