China has pledged N2 billion (¥50 million) in army gear to assist Nigeria’s counter-insurgency operations towards Boko Haram.
The Ambassador of China to Nigeria, Dr. Zhou Pingjuan, mentioned the initiative was a part of army cooperation agreed upon by each nations in 2018.
He made the disclosure throughout the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between Nigeria’s Minister of Defence Mansur Muhammad Dan Ali and the ambassador on behalf of China.
“In September 2018, President Muhammadu Buhari led a Nigerian delegation to China to attend the Africa-Chinese discussion board. At the discussion board, he held bilateral discussions with President Xi Jinping on a number of areas of cooperation notably in the space of military-to-military relations.
“At the assembly in China, an preliminary pledge of ¥6 million was made in assist of the Nigerian army. Now, one other ¥50 million has been made to assist the counter- insurgency operation of the army,” mentioned Pingjuan.
He famous that Nigeria and China relations have continued to develop from energy to energy in the financial sector and different spheres. He added that the implementation of the peace and safety agreements contained in the MoU would additional cement the relationship.
Hot Nigerian Jobs | Share To Job Seekers [ Apply Now ]
- Nigerian Air Force DSSC Recruitment 2021 Portal Is Now Open
- Delta State Urban Water Corporation Recruitment For Graduates and SSCE
- United Capital Group Plc (UCAP) Graduate Trainee Program 2021
- 2021 Graduate Trainees Recruitment in a Manufacturing Company ( 3 positions )
- Vitafoam Nigeria Plc Job Recruitment for Graduates
- Massive Recruitment at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)