Wife of Murdered Militia Leader, Gana Benue State
Mrs. Wantor Akwaza, wife of murdered militia leader, Terwase Akwaza popularly known as 'Gana' is demanding N5 billion as compensation for the killing of her husband by the Military.
Recall that Gana was shot dead by Soldiers shortly after he surrendered to the Benue state government under its Amnesty Program.
It was gathered that soldiers snatched Gana from a government convoy of repentant militants in Gboko and killed him.
An emotional Mrs. Wantor, who is Gana's second wife, further disclosed that her husband was betrayed by Politicians. In her words;
"I was in Makurdi when they called to inform me of the incident. Senator Gabriel Suswam went to meet him on Saturday because when they went for him on the second amnesty issue, he said if he did not see Suswam, he was not going to come out. That until Suswam comes around, he will not believe that the amnesty is true. This is because he said that when he first came out for the first amnesty, the government betrayed him, so until he sees Suswam, he wouldn’t come out."
"So Suswam went there to meet him and assured him that he was part of it and that he has arranged everything, that he spoke to the federal security agencies and they had given him (Agwaza) amnesty and that nothing will happen to him. So, they went to Akume Atongo Stadium in Katsina Ala to meet with the chiefs and then surrender their weapons. After addressing them, they were going to Makurdi to finalize the amnesty at Government House. But on his way, the soldiers came and snatched him and killed him."
She also stated that her husband was not a 'wicked man'.
"After the Initial amnesty he went back into the bush. When the second amnesty programme started, he was briefing me about the development. I spoke with him on Saturday and he told me that he was going for the amnesty and that he is tired of the life he was living. That if the amnesty is genuine, he want to surrender his life to God and work for Him."
"My husband was not a wicked person."
She called on the Federal Government to conduct a full investigation into the circumstances surrounding her husband's death. She also demanded a compensation of N5 billion.
HOT JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- First Bank Recruitment 2020 for Service Executive Conversion Programme
- Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority NSIA Recruitment 2020 For Graduates
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources Recruitment 2020
- Benue State Recruitment 2020 for World Bank Assisted Project
- Nigerian Army 2020 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (80RRI)
- Nasarawa State Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2020
- Massive Recruitment in a Newly Licensed Regional Commercial Bank (74 Positions) – Nextzon Business Services Limited
- Nigerian Air Force Hospital 2020/2021 Housemanship / Internship Recruitment
- Nigeria Maritime University (NMU) Academic and Non-Academic Job Recruitment (38 Positions)
- Jobs in Nigeria for Academic Staff at American University of Nigeri
- Nigerian Army Nationwide DSSC & SSC Massive Recruitment (27 Positions)
- Nigerian Army Hospitals Graduate House Officers & Interns 2020 Recruitment
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources FUPRE Recruitment 2020 for Teaching And Non-Teaching Staff
- FG officially Begins Recruitment of 774000 Nigerians, See How to Apply
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE : No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]
LATEST JOBS IN NIGERIA
TOP TRENDING POST
MOST POPULAR JOBS
- Waec timtable august 17th
- My schoolgist waec time table 2020
- Boost sex buy boiling the pawpaw leave and the gwava
- Waec 17th august 2020 time table
- Recent waec 2020 timetable for 17th august
- 17 august 2020 weac timetable
- Waec time table starting 17th august 2020
- Waec timetable 2020 for august 17
- Wassce examination timtable 17august 2020
- Weac timetable for 17th august