Joshua Dariye Father Kidnapped , Murdered
The killers of Pa Defwan Dariye, the father of former Plateau State governor Joshua Dariye, have admitted that they kidnapped the deceased in order to profit from his son.
Abubakar Mohammed, one of the suspects, claimed that Jethro Nguyen, a 53-year-old indigene of Bokos in Plateau, ordered him to kill the victim.
Another suspect, identified as Sunday Ibrahim, said the mastermind, Nguyen, hired ten others to kidnap the old man from his palace.
The suspects were paraded at Force headquarters in Abuja, where spokesman Frank Mba explained that Pa Dariye, a 93-year-old man, had been held incommunicado for about eight days in filthy conditions.
According to him, a ransom of N10 million was paid to the kidnappers after a protracted negotiation, and instead of releasing him, he was murdered.
Mba stated that the incident occurred in June 2020, and that detectives from the Intelligence Response Unit and other police investigators swung into action after recovering the victim’s body.
“This crime is tainted with depravity. He was imprisoned and treated in an inhumane manner befitting his status and age.”
“These kidnappers were paid a ransom of 10 million Naira after a protracted negotiation.
“Rather than allowing the elderly man to return home, the kidnappers, in addition to the trauma they had caused Pa Dariye, and the extortion of N10 million that they had successfully carried out, murdered Pa Dariye in cold blood.
“Within the last 30 days, the police have made significant progress, resulting in the arrest of eight key suspects in the kidnapping and murder of the ex-father. governor’s
“With the exception of a few, all of the suspects were from the same village in the Bokkos Local Government Area as the murdered victim. This could explain why they decided to murder the old man, which was a very evil and costly decision.”
Three suspects were also arrested on August 28 in a border community between Nasarawa and Taraba, according to the police spokesman, after months of intensive monitoring of unlawful weapon procurement, distribution, and sale to end-users, primarily criminals, kidnappers, bandits, terrorists, and armed robbers.
He stated that once the investigation was completed, the suspects would be charged in court.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)