Buhari has vowed to treat Nigerians who are “behaving badly” in “their language.”
“Many of those who are misbehaving today are too young to remember the carnage and deaths that transpired during the Nigerian Civil War. Those of us who spent 30 months in the fields and lived through the conflict will speak to them in their language.”
A section of Nigerians took exception to the tweet, believing it was a covert dig against the Igbo tribe. Many people were offended by the message’s tone, which alluded to the 1967 civil war.
Following considerable disapproval of the tweet, Twitter removed the item on Wednesday.
ALSO READ: Tension Rise As Overzealous Air Force Officer Gun German-born-Born Nigerian Oguchi Unachukwu In Imo Cargo Airport
The platform stated that the post violated its policies.
A check of the president’s official account at the time of reporting this storey confirms that the Tweet has been removed.
Some even called for the president’s account to be suspended on Twitter, stating that his tweet “expresses intentions of self-harm or suicide,” as specified in Twitter’s usage rules.
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization