The Ekiti State Government has banned the Minister of Mines and Steel Development, Kayode Fayemi, from holding public office in the state for 10 years.
The ban followed the indictment of Mr. Fayemi by a judicial commission of inquiry which probed his tenure as governor of Ekiti State between 2010 and 2014, gistnaij.com learnt.
A white paper stipulating the ban was released Monday.
O’tega Emerhor beseech Deltans to embrace APC for total development
The state also banned Dapo Kolawole, who served as Commissioner for Finance under Mr. Fayemi.
Reactioning to the ban, Mr. Fayemi dismissed the verdict of the white paper as “a joke taken too far”. He said it was “perhaps a joke of the century” that “shall not stand”.
He restated his position that the inquiry by the Ayo Fayose-led government was a “witch-hunt and victimisation”.
In the white paper, received by Mr. Fayose, the government also chided Messrs Fayemi and Kolawole for their refusal to appear before the commission even after the case filed at the High Court, challenging the setting of the commission, was decided in favour of the commission.
The report had accused Mr. Fayemi of diverting funds meant for the construction of various projects, for which the state is now indebted.
The Commissioner for Information, Lanre Ogunsuyi, while addressing journalists after the State executive council meeting on Monday, where the white paper was officially approved, said Messrs. Fayemi and Kolawole exhibited disrespect for a constituted authority, in spite of their “undignified” roles in administering the state during their tenure.
Credit: premuim time
Hot Nigerian Jobs | Share To Job Seekers [ Apply Now ]
- 2021 Graduate Trainees Recruitment in a Manufacturing Company ( 3 positions )
- Frsc Recruitment 2021 July/August Form Portal | Apply Here | FRSC recruitment Login Portal
- Job for Depot Assistant in an Oil and Gas Company based in Port Harcourt
- Dunn and Braxton Limited Massive Recruitment for Bancassurance Executives
- Delta State Hospital Management Board Recruitment 2021 for SSCE & Graduates
- Delta State Urban Water Corporation Recruitment For Graduates and SSCE