Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the national leader of the ruling All Progressive Congress (APC), has cited poor leadership ability as the reason for his refusal to support Akinwumi Ambode for a second term as governor of Lagos State.
Ambode, the immediate past governor of Lagos State, did not receive the support of his party leaders in the state to seek a second term after serving for four years.
Ambode’s administration, according to Tinubu, was leading Lagos in the wrong direction and could not be allowed to continue in that direction.
Tinubu, who spoke at the opening of the Agege Pen Cinema Flyover and five arterial road networks in the area yesterday, said Ambode’s departure from the leadership and vision of Lagos State became apparent between 2017 and 2018, prompting the decision to fire Ambode and replace him with Sanwo-Olu and his deputy, Obafemi Hamzat.
“Though we didn’t know what the duo’s performance would be at the time, they have so far proven their worth in spite of the prevailing challenges,” Tinubu said, describing Sanwo-Olu as a “brilliant captain who had stabilised and brought Lagos back on a focused journey, despite economic turbulence caused by COVID-19 and the coordinated destruction of the state’s assets.”
Pay Attention To:
- NGO Jobs in Lagos for Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at DNA Learning Solutions
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) recruitment for a Supply Chain Assistant – Procurement
- Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment for Credit Risk Senior Analyst
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- Job Vacancies at Kano University of Science and Technology, Wudil
- Link to Check Names Of Shortlisted NDLEA Candidates For Final Screening – NDLEA List Of Shortlisted Candidates 2021 Is Out
- Customer Service Representative Jobs at Zenith Carex International Limited
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- University of Delta Agbor Massive Recruitment for Academic Staff