Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the national leader of the ruling All Progressive Congress (APC), has cited poor leadership ability as the reason for his refusal to support Akinwumi Ambode for a second term as governor of Lagos State.
Ambode, the immediate past governor of Lagos State, did not receive the support of his party leaders in the state to seek a second term after serving for four years.
Ambode’s administration, according to Tinubu, was leading Lagos in the wrong direction and could not be allowed to continue in that direction.
Tinubu, who spoke at the opening of the Agege Pen Cinema Flyover and five arterial road networks in the area yesterday, said Ambode’s departure from the leadership and vision of Lagos State became apparent between 2017 and 2018, prompting the decision to fire Ambode and replace him with Sanwo-Olu and his deputy, Obafemi Hamzat.
“Though we didn’t know what the duo’s performance would be at the time, they have so far proven their worth in spite of the prevailing challenges,” Tinubu said, describing Sanwo-Olu as a “brilliant captain who had stabilised and brought Lagos back on a focused journey, despite economic turbulence caused by COVID-19 and the coordinated destruction of the state’s assets.”
Hot Nigerian Jobs | Share To Job Seekers [ Apply Now ]
- Dunn and Braxton Limited Massive Recruitment for Bancassurance Executives
- Frsc Recruitment 2021 July/August Form Portal | Apply Here | FRSC recruitment Login Portal
- 2021 Graduate Trainees Recruitment in a Manufacturing Company ( 3 positions )
- Massive Recruitment at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Delta State Hospital Management Board Recruitment 2021 for SSCE & Graduates
- Vitafoam Nigeria Plc Job Recruitment for Graduates