Vice-Chairman, Arewa Consultative Forum, ACF, Sen. Abubakar Girei, has advised Senate President, Bukola Saraki and House of Representatives Speaker, Yakubu Dogara not to leave the All Progressives Congress, APC.
The party chieftain said the duo will be “worse off” if they defect to another party.
“Some of us, who are making necessary efforts to ensure that nobody leaves the party in annoyance, will sustain our efforts”, Girei told Punch.
“Our major focus now is to ensure that members of the new Peoples Democratic Party, who were part of the alliance that formed the APC, who actually contributed immensely to the success of the APC, do not leave.
“I am a proud member of the new PDP group, but I can tell you I am not contemplating leaving the APC for any other party because of these challenges.
“I do not also think that the Senate President, Bukola Saraki; Speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara; governors or members of the National Assembly, whose names are being peddled as nPDP members, will defect from the APC to another party.
“They are major political players and stakeholders in the politics of this country. Their interest can best be protected within the APC, they know it.
“We have been talking to them; we have been appealing to them; telling them it (exit) is not the best way to handle this issue. We would not allow them to leave because if they, they will be worse off.
“Where will they go? Is it the PDP, another new party or a third force? Third force is the creation of former President Olusegun Obasanjo and you know who Obasanjo is.
“As far back as 2001, I was in the Senate, I was quoted copiously, in one of the magazines where I said Obasanjo was the greatest threat to our democracy and our nationhood. I have been vindicated several times by his actions.
“What he’s doings is just for his personal and selfish interest. He would never see anything good in another person. For such a person to continue in such attitude at his age is highly unfortunate”.
Credit : daily post
Hot Jobs In Nigeria
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Massive Job Recruitment in a Leading Group of Companies
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- Massive Job Recruitment at GPC Energy and Logistics Limited
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization