President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday said that his administration would continue to frustrate looters from enjoying their stolen money.
He, therefore, called on the National Assembly to take all necessary steps to pass the pending Proceeds of Crimes Bill.
Buhari said the bill, when passed and assented to, would “revolutionise our asset recovery and management architecture”.
Buhari said this at the Presidential Villa while officially receiving the report of the three-man presidential committee set up to audit recovered funds.
The President had on November 22, 2017, inaugurated the committee which comprised Mr. Olufemi Lijadu, Mrs. Gloria Chinyere Bibigha and Mr. Mohammed Nami.
The committee was given the mandate to carry out a comprehensive audit of assets and funds recovered by Ministries, Departments and Agencies of the Federal Government of Nigeria from May 29, 2015, to November 22, 2017.
He described corruption as constituting “a threat to the well-being, national security, and economy of Nigeria”, adding that his administration “will not allow the wanton diversion and embezzlement of public funds into private pockets”.
He added, “Thus, we intend to continue taking all necessary measures to deprive looters of public assets of the fruits of their crimes.
“It is in keeping with the Anti-corruption Policy of this Government, and in line with global best practices that this Committee was set-up to review our asset recovery and management practices in order to evolve a proper management, transparency and accountability culture in the management of recovered assets.
“Given our history of impunity, much of Nigeria’s wealth has historically been squandered or stolen; leaving us with inadequate infrastructure for our growing population and economy.
“Asset Recovery is thus one of the essential tools for fighting corruption and we must, therefore, take issues of managing such recovered assets very seriously.
JOBS RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- National Identity Management Commission NIMC Recruitment 2020 (19 Positions)
- Fidelity Bank Plc Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2020
- Federal University of Petroleum Resources FUPRE Recruitment 2020 for Teaching And Non-Teaching Staff
- Lagos State Government Health Service Commission Massive Job Recruitment 2020 for Graduates
- Oyo State Teaching Service Commission (TESCOM) 2020 Massive Recruitment/
- FG officially Begins Recruitment of 774000 Nigerians, See How to Apply
- Federal Ministry of Water Resources 2020 Job Recruitment (3 Positions)
- DSS Recruitment Application Form 2020 is Out
- Nigeria Air Force 2020/2021 Massive Recruitment for Airmen/Airwomen form (BMTC 2020) is out
- Nigeria Police Force Recruitment form 2020
LATEST JOBS IN NIGERIA
For Breaking News, or Eye witness report Contact us on: SMS/Whatsapp: +2347033247217 Email: [email protected].com
NOTE : No Genuine Employer will Request for MONEY from Job Seekers
The views expressed in this article are the Author/writer’s, they do not reflect the views of EJES GIST NEWS. Please report any fake news or defamatory statements to [email protected]