Soldiers from the 81 Division of the Nigerian Army threatened to skin alive a PUNCH Newspaper correspondent, Deji Lambo, on Wednesday when he visited the scene where suspected vandals had ruptured the pipeline belonging to the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation along the Long Bridge on the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway in Ogun State.
PAY ATTENTION TO : Terrible! Man Goes Wild, Smashes His Mother’s Skull With Hammer In Imo
According to Punch, the suspected vandals were stealing fuel from the pipeline when the soldiers reportedly stormed the crime scene.
Upon sighting the soldiers, it was learned that the vandals abandoned the vehicles and fled.
Afterward, the soldiers took over the crime scene and impounded the fuel-laden tankers.
When Punch correspondent visited the crime scene, soldiers and officials of the NNPC were sighted.
Attempts to get details of the incident were rebuffed by the soldiers, who threatened our correspondent and ordered him to leave the area.
One of the soldiers said, “Nobody invited the media, please go; we did not call any newspaper. We don’t want media coverage. You can go; if we need you, we will call you. If you do not leave this place, I will tell a soldier to skin you alive.”
However, one of the soldiers, Lateef, who introduced himself as a public relations officer of the 81 Division, requested our correspondent’s phone number to contact him whenever there was a need to involve the media.
The Director, Army Public Relations, Army Headquarters, Abuja, Col. Sagir Musa, was contacted to intervene, but while speaking with him, one of the soldiers ordered our correspondent to cut the line.
Afterward, the soldier said, “I have warned you, leave this place, or I will order a soldier to skin you alive.”
Speaking on condition of anonymity, one of the NNPC officials told our correspondent that they were at the scene to repair the ruptured pipeline, but could not do so.
“We were called around 9am, and we have not got to the point of rupture, because the soldiers said we should wait for their FOC,” the source said.
When our correspondent contacted the spokesperson for the 81 Division, Kevin Adegoke promised to inquire about the incident and get back to our correspondent, but he had yet to do so as of the time of filing this report
SOURCE: Punch ,
Hot Nigerian Jobs 🔥
- Wema Bank Plc Recruitment 2021 for Retail Relationship Management Officers
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN Recruitment 2021 ) of Independent Infrastructure Asset Manager
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at the Management Sciences for Health
- Massive Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2021 at Food Concepts Plc
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at 9mobile
- Polaris Bank Entry Level Graduate Recruitment 2021 (Nationwide)
- Nigerian Air Force Recruitment 2021 for Airmen / Airwomen
- Nigerian Army 2021 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (81RRI)
- WAEC Recruitment 2021 ( West Africa Examination Council, WAEC 2021 Recruitment )
- Massive Recruitment at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
From Ejes Gist Nigeria
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of EJES GIST NIGERIA. Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Guides For Jobs
Federal Government Agencies
(Check Updates & Current Status of Federal Government Job Recruitment Form)
Jobs in Nigeria by State