Sadiya Umar-Farouq, the Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development has disclosed that under the 2020 Conditional Cash Transfer (CCT) scheme, a total of N6 billion was disbursed to poor households in six out of the 14 local government areas in Zamfara state.
Speaking during the flag off of Grant for Rural Women Project in Gusau, Sadiya said the programme was launched to address deficiencies in capacity and lack of investment in the human capital of poor and vulnerable households.
The Minister said 130,000 beneficiaries from Anka, Bungudu, Birnin Magaji, Kaura Namoda, Tsafe, and Talata Mafara local government areas received between N30,000 and N80,000, based on the dates each beneficiary was enrolled into the programme.
“The programme is designed to deliver timely and accessible cash transfers to beneficiary households.
“And sets to support development objectives and priorities, to achieve improvement in health and nutrition, school enrolment and retention, environmental sanitation and empowerment among others.”
On the Grant for Rural Women programme, Sadiya said;
“It is designed to provide a one-off grant to some of the poorest and most vulnerable women in rural Nigeria.
“A grant of N20,000 will be disbursed to over 150,000 poor rural women across the 36 states of the federation.”
The Minister who noted that these programmes were launched in line with President Buhari’s plan of lifting 100 million Nigerians out of poverty in 10 years, commended the women empowerment initiative of Zamfara Governor, Bello Matawalle, which she noted was worthy of emulation by others.
Pay Attention To:
- Current Job Recruitment in Nigeria at Daltrade Nigeria Limited
- Current Job Recruitment at FrieslandCampina WAMCO Nigeria Plc
- Sahara Group Graduate Upstream Trainee Program 2021
- Current Ongoing Recruitment at Softcom Limited ( 16 Positions )
- 2021 Ongoing Recruitment at Seven-Up Bottling Company Limited
- Graduate Interns in a Major Oil Servicing Company
- UAC Foods Limited Management Trainee Programme 2021
- United Nations recruitment for a Programme Officer
- Link to Check Names Of Shortlisted NDLEA Candidates For Final Screening – NDLEA List Of Shortlisted Candidates 2021 Is Out
- NIPCO Gas Limited Recruitment for Graduate