Nigeria Government is fully ready for business
Come and invest in Nigeria
The Governor, Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Mr. Godwin Emefiele has urged investors to come over to Nigeria, declaring that the nation's Return on Investment (ROI) in all sectors of the economy are among the best in the world.
Speaking at elite gathering of capital and money market players, investment bankers, treasurers and other fund managers at the London Stock Exchange over the weekend, Emefiele's message was summed up in one key sentence: "Nigeria is ready for business"
At a forum organised by the London Stock Exchange, in collaboration with the Nigerian Stock Exchange, Emefiele, who drew intermittent applause from the gathering, told the story of how Nigeria emerged from what was its worst recession in decades, revealing the ongoing reforms and the huge opportunities available to investors in several sectors notably agriculture, solid minerals and infrastructure.
The CBN was particularly lauded by participants for its ingenious management of the foreign exchange market which saw the recovery of the Naira as well as the reforms in the funding of agriculture as demonstrated in the success of the Anchor Borrowers' Programme (ABP) and the establishment of the highly successful Investors and exporters window of the foreign exchange market.
Present at the occasion were the British Minister for International Development, Hon. Priti Patel; Governor of Edo state Dr Godwin Obaseki; Nigeria's Minister of Solid Minerals, Dr. Kayode Fayemi; CEO of the London Stock Exchange, Mr. Nikhil Rathi; CEO of the Nigerian Stock Exchange, Mr Oscar Onyema; DG of Nigeria's Debt Management Office (DMO), Mrs Patience Oniha; and Mr Ik Chioke, Group CEO of Afrinvest.
Report had it that "the Nigerian banks remain resilient and profitable in spite of the headwinds emanating from the current economic situation in the country.
- 2021 Management Trainee Recruitment at 3P Solutions & Company
- Graduate Job Recruitment at Haventis Drugs Limited
- First Bank Nigeria 2021 Massive Recruitment
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria ( January )
- Nigeria Police Force, NPF Microfinance Bank Plc Recruitment 2021
- Dangote Group Recruitment 2021 (28 Positions)
- Franchise Governance Officer at Citibank Nigeria Limited
- Transaction Trainees Needed in a Reputable Bank in Nigeria
- Jobs In Nigeria at Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc
- Akwa Ibom State Teachers Recruitment 2021 ( Massive Recruitment of 10, 000 Graduates )
From Ejes Gist Nigeria
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of EJES GIST NIGERIA. Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to [email protected]