The Covid-19 Isolation Centers in Warri, Ughelli are below Standard and lack the necessary equipment needed to manage and handle patients.
According to a report released by the Delta State Coalition Of Civil Societies and NGO’s COVID-19 Situation Room, which was signed by the Spoke Person, Comrade Victor Ojai.
The coalition noted that the Warri Central Hospital Isolation Center facilities are too small and can not handle an upsurge of Covid-19 cases in Warri and Environs.
Ojai Said, the Ughelli center, is not prepared for covid-19 cases.
There are no Protective medical kits for medical personnel at the center. No clearly defined protocol to handle covid–19 cases
The press release thus read; to
DELTA STATE CIVIL SOCIETIES ORGANIZATION COVID 19 SITUATION/MEDIA ROOM:
UPDATE ON HOLDING, ISOLATION, AND TREATMENT CENTRE VISIT.
Hospital (Isolation Centres) visited;
1. Federal Medical Centre, Asaba
2. Warri Central Hospital, Warri.
3. Ughelli Central Hospital, Ughelli.
Hospitals visited had a clearly defined section identified as the COVID-19 ISOLATION CENTRES, and the following observation was made.
At the Federal Medical Centre, Asaba. There was a newly built facility that houses the Asaba Covid-19 Holding, Isolation, and treatment centers. There was a clearly defined protocol for handling all covid-19 patients. The Centres facilities and personnel are prepared to contain the pandemic.
Federal Medical center Asaba, currently has a Molecular Testing Mobile Facility that was purchase by the Delta State Government.
At Warri Central Hospital, the facility is small and can not handle an upsurge of Covid 19 cases in Warri and Environs.
The facility is below standard.
There was no clear or established medical protocol in handling covid-19 patients at this center.
There is no holding center at the facility, and the Isolation and Treatment center is housed in the same facility.
Medical Personnel at the Covid 19 center needs more training, specifically on how to handle covid 19 cases.
No testing facility at this center.
This center is not prepared for covid 19 cases.
There are no Protective medical kits for medical personnel at the center
No clearly defined protocol to handle covid 19 cases
Medical staff at this center needs training specifically on how to handle covid 19 instances.
There is no testing facility at this center.
Based on our observations above us at this moment recommend the following;
1. Testing centers should be established immediately at the Warri and Ughelli Isolation centers; this will allow for early detection and quick isolation of cases.
2. Medical personnel needs to be enlightened regularly on best practices of handling covid 19 instances.
3. Protective medical kits need to be provided for Ughelli central hospitals and other isolation centers.
4. Approved protocols from NCDC for the handling of Covid 19 cases from Holding center, Isolation, and Treatment center should be strictly enforced in all Delta State Isolation centers.
5 Life insurance should be provided for Covid 19 medical personnel.
Social distancing should be enforced in all medical centers
6. The state government should address the complaints of harassment and intimidation medical personnel by security agencies during the just concluded four weeks lockdown.
7. State government should disclose what they have spent since the covid 19 pandemics to her citizens.
8. There should be a clearly defined government action plan for the covid 19 pandemic and should be available to citizens.
Comrade Victor Ojai
Delta State COALITION OF CIVIL SOCIETIES AND NGO’s COVID 19 Situation Room.
Job Vacancies in Nigeria
- Massive Recruitment in an Indigenous Non-profit and Non-governmental Organization
- Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Relationship Officers at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- National Agency for the Control of AIDS NACA Recruitment 2021 for Finance Officer
- UNICEF Recruitment 2021 for Graduates in Nigeria (September)
- Massive recruitment at Achievers University for Academic and Non-Academic Staff ( 106 Slots )
- Ends Soon : Greenwich Merchant Bank (GMB) Graduate Trainee Program (GGTP4.0) 2021
- Current Job Vacancies at Wateraid Nigeria