The President of the Association of Resident Doctors in University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital (ARD-UITH), Dr Badmus Habeeb, has warned that fat persons who contract COVID-19 have higher risks of complications.
Habeeb made this known to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Ilorin on Friday.
He explained that the biology of obesity includes impaired immunity, chronic inflammation and blood that’s prone to clot, all of which can worsen COVID-19.
He said that fat people were more likely to have other diseases that were independent risk factors for severe COVID-19 than average-weight persons.
According to him, such diseases include heart disease, lung disease and diabetes, among others.
Habeeb also noted that fat people have baseline respiratory issues which worsen COVID-19 naturally.
“Someone with obesity is already at risk of respiratory compromise and we already know that COVID-19 affects the respiratory system majorly.
“Therefore, predisposing the already compromised system would further worsen the person’s health,’’ he added.
He warned obese people to be careful as they cope poorly with COVID-19 infection.
Nigeria Latest News, Nigeria Breaking News, Today News in Nigeria, Nigeria Newspaper Today, Todays Nigeria News, Latestnewsinnigeria, Naijagist, Naijaplanet , Naija News , Latest Nigerian News, Latest News in Nigeria, Nigeria News Now, News in Nigeria Today , Latest Naija News Loaded ,
Hot Nigerian Jobs 🔥
- Edo State Civil Service Commission Recruitment 2021
- Dangote Cement Recruitment for Graduate
- Akwa Ibom State Polytechnic Massive Recruitment for Academic and Non-Academic Staff
- Wema Bank Plc Recruitment 2021 for Retail Relationship Management Officers
- Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN Recruitment 2021 ) of Independent Infrastructure Asset Manager
- 2021 Massive Recruitment at the Management Sciences for Health
- Massive Graduate Management Trainee Recruitment 2021 at Food Concepts Plc
- Polaris Bank Entry Level Graduate Recruitment 2021 (Nationwide)
- Nigerian Air Force Recruitment 2021 for Airmen / Airwomen
- Nigerian Army 2021 Nationwide Massive Recruitment for Trades/Non Tradesmen & Women (81RRI)
From Ejes Gist Nigeria
The views expressed in this article are the writer’s opinion, they do not reflect the views of the Publisher of www.ejesgist.com Please report any fake news , misinformation or defamatory statements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Guides For Jobs
Federal Government Agencies
(Check Updates & Current Status of Federal Government Job Recruitment Form)
Jobs in Nigeria by State